Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-29-2006, 05:46 PM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Iliad protection and a Request

First of all i'd like to collect some opinions on how we shoudl protect our 670€ investment.

i'd love to give it a brando screen protector and a nice "case" as soon as it arrives.
Since no such accessories for the Iliad are available i'm asking you for help. The Screen protector is the most important for me...does anyone know whether Brando sells "universal" or custom protectors anywhere? I'd use a different company, but Brando is fantastic when it comes to durability and also ease of use...I never managed to apply one of those "nromal" sticky protectors to any screen...

The second thing i'd like to say is, that I think we need subsections for the Iliad section when the devices start arriving.

I'd recommend something like :
Iliad Software request and release (for the time when the SDK arrives...when is that by the way...Henrycat?)

Iliad Bugs and Errors

Anyone know better/more subforums? Or do you think we could make do with the standard Iliad thread for everything?
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:55 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
(for the time when the SDK arrives...when is that by the way...Henrycat?)
Q4 was the answer to my question when the SDK comes out.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 04:37 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
I'd recommend something like :
Iliad Software request and release (for the time when the SDK arrives...when is that by the way...Henrycat?)

Iliad Bugs and Errors

Anyone know better/more subforums? Or do you think we could make do with the standard Iliad thread for everything?
Excellent suggestion. What do you guys think? Is it already time to provide subsections for the iRex reader?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 04:52 AM   #4
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Yep!

More places for me to waste work time spa^h^h^hposting in
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 05:14 AM   #5
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

@tribble

really Q4? That seems mighty late. I thought they were going to release the SDK once the core OS is stable...oh dear...
Old 06-30-2006, 05:27 AM   #6
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Quote:
@tribble

really Q4? That seems mighty late. I thought they were going to release the SDK once the core OS is stable...oh dear...
Yap, thats what i have been told in an Email from the iRex Shop Team. I too think, that is quite late.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:51 AM   #7
Riocaz
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, so they want their B2B partners to pay to trial a michine, without an SDK to help them to tweak the machine to their requirements...

Anyone else see this as a problem?
Old 06-30-2006, 05:52 AM   #8
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

yep, but there is nothing we can do...or is there?
Old 06-30-2006, 06:11 AM   #9
tribble
iLiad Maniac

well, i guess "real" B2B partners will get an SDK before that. iRex said, there will be a publically available SDK. I hope that the shop team meant that version.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:33 AM   #10
Riocaz

Wiki updated with details about the SDK.