Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #21376
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Keemun in my cup.

If he returns to waking up once at night we will do that. This week he decided to return to waking up twice at night. I tend to be the one who gets up with him because I can breast feed him but then I end up exhausted. Splitting the night seemed to be the best solution so that we could each get a four-five hour stretch of sleep and Lucas gets at least one session on the breast. I am not pumping, I don't make enough to even leak at the office, so we do want to maximize how much breast milk he gets.

I have been getting to bed by 9:30 so I am getting about 2 hours, when you consider the time it takes to fall asleep with my Hubby coming and asking about where things are for the baby since he now needs to chip in more, before Lucas wakes up. If I took the whole night, which I had been doing, I would get another two hours before he woke up for another feeding and then would have to get ready for work. Splitting the night lets me sleep from 1ish to 5. The Hubby can go back to bed after Lucas wakes up for a few hours since he doee not leave to drop Lucas off until close to 9 am.

The hope is that Lucas returns to sleeping through the night, which he had been doing for four days before this week. I think he is going through a growth spurt or something because he also went from five bottles a day to seven. The day care has been surprised by his deciding at two hours that he really is hungry again even after finishing a 6 ounce bottle and being happy with that amount.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #21377
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Sounds great!

Hubby and I decided that if Lucas wakes up before 1 AM, I take it. After 1 AM he takes it. Of course the kid decides to wake up at 12:50. (sigh) At least it was the only time he woke up last night. He has been eating a ton, went from 5 feedings for two weeks to 7 or 8 for most of this week, and been pretty cranky in the evening. I think it is a growth spurt or a developmental thing. I am refusing to believe that he is pissed about Mom working and eating for comfort. He is three months old not 3 years old.

Had some OJ with my breakfast this morning. I am drinking some Rooibos on the drive to the office. Headed to get some water in the near future here.

Thank god it is Friday.
And yet this is exactly what happened to us, and she was 8 weeks old when I went back to work..... I had been told this by many, working moms or midwives, and refused to believe it too, but apparently they do know exactly what mommytime is and they will try to get it no matter what.

Glad to read he is doing well and growing fast!

The reverse to you Stitch: glad to hear you are shrinking fast

Hello to everyone else, hope you are all well, healthy and happy.

Sorry, really just passing through, after the huge fire that destroyed 15.000 hectares but miraculously stopped 3k from our house at the beginning of this month, we had yesterday and foremost today floods that paralyzed the area, but gave my kids some unplanned holidays since the red alert was given for today and all schools were closed down. Many houses have been destroyed in those two catastrophies. This will remain as an annus horribilis for many around us, thank god we were very lucky and nothing happened to us nor to our friends nor to our houses, but we have been texting each other an awful lot in order to make sure everyone was safe or to offer shelter.

On a funnier note : during the fire (I was alone here with the kids), I decided to pack the emergency bag and move down to the coast to ensure the kids were safe. Part of the emergency bag was their school books and materials, but not the wii (it does not make it to my top ten). You should have seen the looks on their faces when they realized which are my priorities....

Last edited by aceflor; 09-28-2012 at 12:10 PM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #21378
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
On a funnier note : during the fire (I was alone here with the kids), I decided to pack the emergency bag and move down to the coast to ensure the kids were safe. Part of the emergency bag was their school books and materials, but not the wii (it does not make it to my top ten). You should have seen the looks on their faces when they realized which are my priorities....

VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #21379
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Hi, aceflor, good to see you. And I'm glad to hear that you avoided the worst of the disasters. So far, we've been good here, though everything is tinder dry, and the entire coast is on severe water restrictions. No sprinklers, period. No car washing, no pool filling, etc. And now we're on a Boil Water advisory because the water coming into the system is too "turbid" (muddy) to properly treat with chlorine. It'll be another 18 months before we have a _real_ water treatment plant with proper filtration. (Of course, I have a two stage filter plus ultraviolet for the whole house, and reverse osmosis for drinking and cooking water.)

Tea this morning is Anniversary Breakfast Blend.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #21380
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hi aceflor. So very glad that you and your family are safe. *I would have loved to have seen your kids' expressions when things were unpacked and the wii was not there.*

How is everyone else dealing with the water situation, CRussel? It sounds like you have it covered, but it would seem as though most people are not as well prepared as you are. I know that I am not prepared for something like that. Bottled water is the best I could do, but I imagine that, in this situation, there is a lot of information and suggestions being put out for people?

Coffee in my cup and thinking about going out to the patio to read.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #21381
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The water situation here on the Coast has been a source of a good deal of frustration and anger, frankly, dreams. When we first moved here, there was a local Water Board that was run by old time families who frankly knew very little about the whole process. There were enough concerns that folks voted to hand over the whole operation to the regional district (SCRD) after much mewing and pewing. We're now in that transition period where the SCRD controls the process, but where the new treatment plant isn't online.

As for how others are handling it, we have a lot of folks in denial, a lot of bottled water, and a fair number who long ago made a decision about what that old Water Board was doing and installed comprehensive filtration systems. There's so much crud in the water right now that a 1 micron filter is getting plugged in less than 6 weeks. (1 micron is NOT enough to protect against parasites. But when combined with the UV lamp, is sufficient.)

Drinking diet coke this afternoon.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #21382
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Today was a full drinking day, and too much soda, ugh.

Breakfast: 2 cups of Donut Shop coffee from our Keurig.
Lunch: Diet Pepsi at Hooters with my wife.
In between/after: 2 x Coke Zero.

Water for the rest of the day/night. Have to work tomorrow .
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #21383
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Broke out of the Diet Coke rut, and made a pot of Lapsang Souchong. Ahhhhh. Perfect for a fall day with the first rain in weeks and weeks.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #21384
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
A shot of Canadian Club. My Mum and Dad visited my uncle in Burlington, Ontario and brought this back for me.

It's pretty good - not as good as a Scotch single malt - but very acceptable.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:59 AM   #21385
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Lucas took saying happy birthday to the extreme. He woke pretty close to my exact time of birth and sang happy birthday. At least that is how I am interpreting the ravenous screams of my three month old baby boy. We don't my exact time of birth because my Mom had me in the front seat of the car while Dad was driving so the time on the birth certificate is probably the time someone looked at the clock when we got to the hospital. What can I say, I was the third kid and my Dad is a sound sleeper.

Breastfeeding my own little guy is not a bad way to begin my 41st year on the planet.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:32 AM   #21386
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Breastfeeding my own little guy is not a bad way to begin my 41st year on the planet.
I was happy with it on my 41st year too.
Happy Birthday, ProfCrash! I life my cup of Assam tea to your next 41 years being even better than the last!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:38 AM   #21387
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Odd trivia for you... Men actually have all the parts necessary to breast feed and there have been cases of men successfully doing it through out history.

http://blogs.static.mentalfloss.com/...ves/20193.html
Old 09-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #21388
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sweet Iced Tea for Saturday IT work. Blargh.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #21389
Quake1028
Guru

Happy 40th, Prof!
Old 09-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #21390
VydorScope
Wizard

ITS NATIONAL COFFEE DAY! Enough of the tea, go get something real to drink!

(If you are not in a nation that celebrates, rebel and celebrate anyways! )

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?