Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-09-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Device: Kindle PW,Sony 700, Sony 950 (Daily Edition),Nook Color,iPad
Show Cover Browser

Really like this feature..... is there a way to configure the default action when clicking on? Maybe a context menu with choices, go to internet, edit metadata, show description? Somethinng configurable

Thanks
Maggie-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie-Me View Post
Really like this feature..... is there a way to configure the default action when clicking on? Maybe a context menu with choices, go to internet, edit metadata, show description? Somethinng configurable

Thanks
Do you realize that the current "Face Out" book is already selected in the main Library view?
The Book details panel (if open) shows the current book.
the Row Number is highlighted to make it easy to locate (and it is always in the visible area of the Library screen). Now you have "right click options'
Clicking on the Book showing will open the Book in the Calibre reader.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Do you realize that the current "Face Out" book is already selected in the main Library view?
The Book details panel (if open) shows the current book.
the Row Number is highlighted to make it easy to locate (and it is always in the visible area of the Library screen). Now you have "right click options'
Clicking on the Book showing will open the Book in the Calibre reader.
Thanks, yes I do. I like to expand the view to full screen so would be nice to not go back and forth. Just a thought
Old 07-09-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie-Me View Post
Thanks, yes I do. I like to expand the view to full screen so would be nice to not go back and forth. Just a thought
I agree, that having the Context Menu available in the Browser would be cool, But...
Where would you see this data if you don't go 'Back and Forth'

BTW I run with the Browser option set to run in a Separate window, so it can submerged under the Main Calibre window
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #5
Maggie-Me
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I agree, that having the Context Menu available in the Browser would be cool, But...
Where would you see this data if you don't go 'Back and Forth'

BTW I run with the Browser option set to run in a Separate window, so it can submerged under the Main Calibre window
Ah that's where you get creative, in most cases it would do the same action as it would in Calibre Link to the same command as say edit mete data, for view description open a window just showing the description.

Thanks for listening to me
Advert
Old 07-09-2011, 12:05 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It should be fairly easy to implement a context menu that acts on the central book, open a bug report for it, so I dont forget.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #7
Maggie-Me
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It should be fairly easy to implement a context menu that acts on the central book, open a bug report for it, so I dont forget.
Will do! Thanks
Old 07-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Implemented for next release.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:42 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Implemented for next release.
Very nice. I don't know how many times I have right clicked on the cover browser area for a context menu and ended up opening the book instead.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Note that the right click menu only shows up if you right click the central book, anywhere else causes the cover browser to scroll.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #11
Maggie-Me
Zealot

Yes, that makes sense and is what I would expect, I think this is a fantastic addition.
Thanks for the quick turn around, didn't even get a chance to add to list.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:35 AM   #12
Maggie-Me
Zealot

calibre-0.8.10 Book Browser

Perfect ! Thanks
Old 07-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You're welcome
Old 07-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #14
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
^
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote