Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
CoolDragon
Addict
CoolDragon doesn't litterCoolDragon doesn't litter

Device: none
When will the DR800 needs to be charged?

Somewhere it mentioned that the DR800 will issue a warning message on low battery. I am just wondering the threshold.
CoolDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I know they've said elsewhere on the forum that "When the battery is almost exhausted, the device will go into a real OFF mode", however I don't know if they ever said what the exact threshold was. I don't remember seeing that number posted anywhere.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
CoolDragon
Addict
CoolDragon doesn't litterCoolDragon doesn't litter

Device: none
Page 9 of the user manual, anybody have seen this yet?
CoolDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I've only let mine go completely dead once, and that was during the first charge cycle. I didn't see a warning before it shutdown, but that could be due to the meter not being calibrated correctly yet (it takes a couple cycles before it syncs up correctly). If the meter was out of sync, the battery may have run out while the meter was still telling the OS that there was some power left, so no warning was generated.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #5
Opensesame
Opensesame began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG
Mine also had no warnings and got dead directly yesterday.
Opensesame is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert