Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-05-2008, 12:11 AM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Ah, I see. But it is pretty trivial to write modules to support new input formats. For example FB2 and EPUB as input formats were both written by 3rd parties. And CBZ/CBR was added by me based on the python code from comiclrf in half a day.

As for an output format, given that it has to eventually be integrated into the GUI with its own set of options, it's probably easier to have a 3rd party write a module rather than a plugin. IN the case of the plugin, the 3rd party would have to write a GUI for the configuration as well, whereas with a module, I do that for free

Also an output plugin would have to satisfy a pretty rigorous set of requirements, so I would be more comfortable with it being developed in-tree.

Finally, from an end user perspective, having all plugins automatically installed with calibre is much friendlier.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote