Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-17-2013, 03:44 AM   #1
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Thread moved about e-Book Tools

I would like to know why my thread was moved from the ePUB forum to the Workshop forum. It seems to be inconsistent behavior. Let me explain:
1. The add-in actually creates an ePUB
2. My macro only creates clean HTML and is standing in the ePUB forum
3. Other tools which do create/adapt ePUB are in the ePUB forum and not in the workshop forum (quick examples are Atlantis, EPUB metadata editor, EPUB Creator from Oxen, convert ePUB to PDF from Jellby, ePubPack)

To me this makes it unclear why some things are in one forum and some in another. Perhaps make a clear guideline?

I purposely put it in the ePUB forum for better exposure and since most other tools are already in there.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
It was I who moved it. I'm sorry if I misunderstood, but it wasn't obvious to me that the primary function of this tool is creating ePub files. From the title and a quick glance at the description I thought it is mainly intended for creating "clean" HTML files from Word, that can later be used to create other ebook formats.

I have no problem moving the thread back to the ePub forum, but I still feel it fits better in Workshop.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Well, considering the other tools and things there are in the ePUB forum, it does not seem consistent at least.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote