Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #106
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew2720 View Post
Thank you so much for the great pictures Mostly Math! Can't wait to receive my Aura. Don't feel too bad 93terp..ordered my Aura Tuesday and still don't have shipping info either....hopefully have info on Monday...
The anticipation is killing me!! (j/k)

93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #107
Breid
Zealot
Breid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really nice

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kobo Glo; KPW
Anticipation killing me too, let's have some popcorn while we wait
Breid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #108
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breid View Post
I like it!!
Old 04-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #109
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Does the Aura support hyphenation for sideloaded plain .epub eBooks?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #110
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
This picture shows the reading progress popup for Kobo epub (kepub) books on my Glo, I guess the Aura will be the same or better. Sideloaded epubs don't have the popup, but show the percentage below it.
Is there any way to get side loaded books to show "minutes left" in chapter/book?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #111
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Thanks for that info, GeoffR. That's a really sharp display! I'm assuming that the only way to have kepubs is to buy them from Kobo? Or is there a way in Calibre to trick the reader into thinking a side loaded ePub is a kepub?
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Is there any way to get side loaded books to show "minutes left" in chapter/book?
Yes, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=211135.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #112
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looking at the photos is very interesting. Kobo have made some nice changes to the interface. The home screen looks good and if those tiles are updating to show what you last did, that will be good.

I like the library list. An option to not have the covers shown is a good idea. And being able to add a shelf from it is good. The shelf management seems to have sorting options as well.

One thing I can't see is all the sort options. There is Author, Title and Recently read. The other devices also have File Type and File Size, hopefully they are there as well. Is there anything else?

Having seen the photo's, I'm not sure if I'm going to thank Mostly Math. They are just feeding my desire for an Aura HD. But the budget and SWMBO say no. Well, the latter said "You already have two!" Hopefully these changes will come to the other devices soon.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #113
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
But the budget and SWMBO say no. Well, the latter said "You already have two!" Hopefully these changes will come to the other devices soon.
I see a trip and fall (while reading on one of your devices of course) in your near future
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #114
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Awesome, thanks!! All this good news is making the wait that much harder!!

Old 04-22-2013, 01:30 AM   #115
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
But the budget and SWMBO say no. Well, the latter said "You already have two!" Hopefully these changes will come to the other devices soon.
But, as a developer, surely she can see how you'd need one for research purposes.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:42 AM   #116
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
But, as a developer, surely she can see how you'd need one for research purposes.

When they turn up here, I'll have a look at them. I love the higher resolution, but I'm not sure about the extra size. If it seems OK, maybe she will inherit the Glo.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #117
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
The more I see it, the more I want it Still waiting for a release date and a price point, though
Thank you for the pictures! Have a good time reading on this unexpected Kobo
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #118
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
The more I see it, the more I want it Still waiting for a release date and a price point, though
Thank you for the pictures! Have a good time reading on this unexpected Kobo
In Italy according to this the Aura should be available to order from next Thursday, so there we'll see at least one price in Euro.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #119
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
In Germany the price is supposed to be €169.99 according to this source.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #120
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breid View Post
I would but always gives me toothache.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote