Notices

Old 09-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
gus.is.here
gus.is.here began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
HTML to ZIP, breadth first

I am trying to convert the following book:
http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicm/book.html

I have used httrack to make a local mirror. I cleaned up the table of contents file by removing the navigation links and fed it into Calibre. The chapter ordering is wrong, though, because Calibre follows the navigation links on each page. According to the FAQ entry here I can customize the HTML to ZIP plugin to do a depth-first instead of breadth-first exploration. This will be necessary anyway because the book contains other links (like footnotes) that could through off the order.

In the plugin preferences page, I find File type plugins ->HTML to ZIP (0.7.18). Customize plugin only shows a dialog asking for the text encoding.
gus.is.here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Under the box where you can enter the text encoding there is a checkbox for breadth first order.

I wished I had known this before.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2011, 06:56 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your version of calibre is too old.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:41 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus.is.here View Post
In the plugin preferences page, I find File type plugins ->HTML to ZIP (0.7.18). Customize plugin only shows a dialog asking for the text encoding.
It is amazing that the version you are using is almost exactly 1 year and 59 versions away from being current. If you were running 0.8.18 you would see the plugin looking like the attached image.

Good luck with your book.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	html to zip plugin.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	76490  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #5
gus.is.here
gus.is.here began at the beginning.

Device: kobo