Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
jenniren
Nook Newb
jenniren began at the beginning.

Device: Alienware MX11, Droid 2, Nook Color
Movies/Videos

Besides MP4s, what other video formats will play on the Rooted Nook? I know I read something somewhere, but can't find it.

Thanks!
jenniren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:04 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniren View Post
Besides MP4s, what other video formats will play on the Rooted Nook? I know I read something somewhere, but can't find it.
Well, if it's rooted, then you can install any player that you want. For instance, the RockPlayer for Android can play;
Quote:
avi mkv rmvb mp4 mov wmv asf wma wav mpg ts mpa dvd au mp3 mid ivf aiff ogm ogg cda flic d2v aac roq flac drc dsm swf pls pmp
http://rockplayer.freecoder.org/index_en.html
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #3
jenniren
Nook Newb

Awesome! That is just what I need! Thanks!
Old 04-21-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
jenniren
Nook Newb

Can anyone recommend a good free player?
Old 04-21-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
jenniren
Nook Newb

FYI - Just installed Moboplayer - a free app in the Android Market - and it is playing all my videos! Great App!
Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 12:50 AM   #6
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Jenni, I ended up having problems playing high resolution video files with the various video players, such as Bluray MKV. If it's a resolution greater than 854 x 480 (or whatever the NC native rez is) then the video file gets kicked to software rendering, and the NC just can't do it - it tries, but it's a slideshow. I always end up encoding all my stuff to mp4 with stock NC settings and just using the stock player.

I seem to recall that the NC will play *.m4v natively.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:51 AM   #7
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
This is a bit old now and I seem to recall an error or two in there, but here's a page with the full NC specs;

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...fications.html
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote