Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-21-2009, 05:59 AM   #1
anurag
Addict
anurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 1 and DX, iPhone
Amazon blocking Kindle Books in API?

I use the Amazon Products (Associates) Web Service API to get Kindle book data. Interestingly, the API is no longer returning any Kindle books. Kindle newspapers are still being returned. Is anyone here facing the same problem? There's an open thread on the API developers forum:

http://developer.amazonwebservices.c...35250&tstart=0

No response from Amazon yet. I wonder if this is a deliberate move to stop people from obtaining Kindle book sales information.
anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:46 PM   #2
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I can verify that this is happening. I use to have quite a few books for which I could get prices, but now none of them return anything.

Amazon stopped paying commissions on ebooks quite awhile ago, so maybe that's why they removed access to them through their API.

Last edited by Daithi; 08-24-2009 at 08:49 PM. Reason: my grammar sucks
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote