Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 03-03-2015, 01:49 PM   #1
hameedn
hameedn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Post Invitation: Kobo Windows 8 Phone Application Beta Program

Kobo is pleased to announce a new beta program for the Kobo Windows 8 Phone application and we would like to invite everyone that has a Windows 8.1 phone and loves to read to take part in it.
Through this program, we are hoping to accomplish the following:
  1. Get valuable feedback based on a wide variety of real usage scenarios.
  2. You can also tell us what features you would like to have in your Kobo App.
  3. Your valuable feedback will help us make the Kobo Windows application the best reading application out there.

Beta Builds will only be released to the beta participants so you can rest assured that the only difference between betas and the final product would be a bit of polish here and there.
If this sounds like something that you’re interested in, then please send an email to windowsappfeedback@kobo.com with your email address associated with Microsoft Store so you can download the beta builds.

Looking forward to your participation and feedback!

Thanks,
Kobo Windows Team

Last edited by hameedn; 03-03-2015 at 01:53 PM.
hameedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:46 AM   #2
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
This sounds good

Is this only for the Windows Phone version or does it include the Metro version in Windows 8.1? (which I believe are both really the same app)
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:00 AM   #3
hameedn

Hello,
If you have a Windows Phone running 8.1 Firmware then you are good. Please reply to the email mentioned above and I will sign you up for it.
Thanks for participating in advance. Look forward to hear your feedback.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:38 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hameedn View Post
Hello,
If you have a Windows Phone running 8.1 Firmware then you are good. Please reply to the email mentioned above and I will sign you up for it.
Thanks for participating in advance. Look forward to hear your feedback.
I believe what he was asking is if this was only for Windows PHONE or if it also works as a metro app on a Win8.1 TABLET.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:45 AM   #5
hameedn

It will only work on Windows 8.1 phone and not on a Windows tablet. But the next build we will support tablets as well later in the year.

Last edited by hameedn; 03-06-2015 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:09 PM   #6
Inquietum
Inquietum solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Inquietum solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Inquietum solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Inquietum solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Inquietum solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Inquietum solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Inquietum solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Inquietum solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Inquietum solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Inquietum solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Inquietum solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Surface 3
Hi there!

I use Windows Phone (Lumia 830) and the Surface 3 as my primary computer/tablet, and Kobo is my eBook platform of choice (go Toronto!).

I'd be very interested in providing feedback, since I'm not sure how often you guys read the reviews in the Windows App Store.

Are you still recruiting Windows Phone people?
Inquietum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beta reader, kobo, kobo app, reading app, windows phone