Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-25-2010, 06:52 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
What colour PRS-600?

Hello,
I am going to be receiving a PRS-600 from Sony in the near future and one of the smaller matters is to decide what colour PRS-600 to choose.
Specifically, I was wondering which of the three colours gives the least prominent scratches.. not that I'm planning to scratch it up!
Any thoughts?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:48 AM   #2
palo
Enthusiast
palo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T2
I don't think they scratch too easily, but I would go for black

p
palo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2010, 08:12 AM   #3
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you go for black? How has it held up?
Old 04-25-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I originally had black but disliked that I could see every speck of dust on the outer bezel as well as the buildup of oil and dirt where my thumb rests near the page turn buttons. I have changed to silver and the dust/dirt/smudge problem is not as noticeable. I'm not a red person therefore didn't even consider that color. These are just my personal experiences with two of the colors.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:59 PM   #5
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
I've heard the same about a black reader in another thread. I have the silver one and accidentially put a small scratch right beside the screen. After rubbing over it, it's almost unperceivable (maybe I had some thumbgrease fill the gap??? ).
I don't know, but I would at least think that on the colored readers, scratches would be more noticeable.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2010, 06:05 PM   #6
patpat
patpat began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
love my silver one with black cover...
patpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:51 PM   #7
tofubean
Connoisseur
tofubean is on a distinguished road

Device: K3, iPad, PW
I have a red one. Fingerprints are not noticeable at all but on some occasions that i do, i always wipe them off (using my finger ).
tofubean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #8
FlatlineTech
FlatlineTech began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
I saw the black and silver side by side, and decided on the black one, it blends well if you plan on buying a leather book-style case for it, it does show up fingerprints, but I just wipe them off like tofubean said, with my finger, a nice include would have been a small cloth like the ones you get with some phones and glasses, but Sony don't think like that, like the fact we have to buy the leather cases seperate, I'm sure I read somewhere that previous versions came with them as standard.
FlatlineTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:02 AM   #9
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Yes, the 505 came with a cover.
I knew that the 600 didn't have a cover right away, but thought I could get away without one as I thought it's casing would be made from aluminum like the 505.
But the 600 has a plastic back and mine got scratched after 2 days (I really carefully laid my unit on some crumbs on the table, unintenionally). So now I use the cover so I mainly don't have to see the scratches.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #10
AprilHare
Wizard

Yes, I eventually went black (the principle "black is back" applies).