Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #1
tequila0341
Enthusiast
tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9, Kobo Glo HD
Another New York subway reader ...

Loving the Kindle, glad to find this forum!
tequila0341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Tequila, hi, welcome to MR from the Netherlands. Enjoy your reading in the subway.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to Mobileread, tequila0341
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:15 PM   #4
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Welcome to MR!

Alcohol and firearms don't mix.

Nothing wrong with them seperately, though.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #6
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Welcome to MR!

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:07 AM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Tequila. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:14 AM   #8
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hello tequila0341 and welcome!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:30 PM   #9
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:26 PM   #10
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi tequila0341 and welcome to MobileRead.

When I was a kid, I thought the world stopped at the Hudson River and, you know, I still do.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #11
Shazza
Addict
Shazza doesn't litterShazza doesn't litterShazza doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 - 3G & Wifi iphone
Welcome Tequila, the subway is the perfect place for reading on Kindle.
Shazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:44 PM   #12
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazza View Post
Welcome Tequila, the subway is the perfect place for reading on Kindle.
Sitting down, definitely. Standing up, it was never perfect, but the hooked cover made it moderately easy until I had to unhook due to reboots.

And welcome to Tequila the New York subway reader from Steve the Philadelphia subway reader.
SteveEisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:28 AM   #13
tequila0341
Enthusiast
tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9, Kobo Glo HD
Thanks for the warm welcome, all - looking forward to contributing on the boards.
tequila0341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:36 AM   #14
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I think that the Kindle is better than my Aluratek Libra Pro for certain things. 1) The Kindle has customization features where you can put your name on it and a search function, I have neither; 2) I believe that a Kindle has a backlighting on it so that you can read in the dark, I can not; 3) Kindles can take notes in the margins, I can not; 4) Kindles have dictionaries in them, mine does not. My Libra Pro costs a lot less then a Kindle so its sort of you get what you pay for.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:58 AM   #15
januaryman
Used DTBs & iPad User
januaryman began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Welcome, Tequila, from a fellow subway rider - this one from DC. I worked in NY for decades and rode the subways much. The only fear I ever had was finding that I just finished my book and had another 40 minutes left to my ride with NOTHING TO READ!
januaryman is offline   Reply With Quote