Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #31
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Both covers are beautiful. In fact, a framed print of Song of Insects would look nice in my dining room. May I steal it?
Yes you may steal it. But wait a while until I make the corrections and repost the cover.

And here it is:

Last edited by Moejoe; 02-24-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #32
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
oh yea, I like the font and placement of the "the"
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 05:24 PM   #33
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I love it!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:05 PM   #34
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
that is looking gorgeouser and gorgeouser.

not to drive you crazy of course but looking at it i might remove the second decorative line as well, or replace it with just a simple line if you want to keep it. it seems like overkill with the rather ornate butterfly, which is in a different style. but if you're tired of making new versions feel free to ignore this advice.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:08 PM   #35
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
that is looking gorgeouser and gorgeouser.

not to drive you crazy of course but looking at it i might remove the second decorative line as well, or replace it with just a simple line if you want to keep it. it seems like overkill with the rather ornate butterfly, which is in a different style. but if you're tired of making new versions feel free to ignore this advice.
Not at all tired, and I think you might have some kind of brain-reading device as I've removed the page divider graphic before I read your post. You were right about it being too much

Here's the final version (maybe, probably, sort of) and a preview of the website shortly afterward

Last edited by Moejoe; 02-24-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 06:13 PM   #36
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
nice !!!

i like both of those. i've been following your avatar evolution with interest as well. i hope you're keeping archives in your profile album.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:12 PM   #37
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
That's so much catchier than mine! I wish I had the art gene.

LoL, alas - I can barely draw a stick figure.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:24 AM   #38
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I now see a foxes face ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:30 AM   #39
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
That's so much catchier than mine! I wish I had the art gene.

LoL, alas - I can barely draw a stick figure.

Join the club friend I can't draw anything, besides a man smoking a cigarette and wearing a hat, and that's not even that good. All of this stuff is based upon collage techniques, textures and layer washes. If you have Photoshop or even the Gimp, visit a couple of PSD tutorial sites and after awhile you can learn to put what's inside your head down on paper without any drawing skills at all.

And if all else fails, give me a nudge with the title and blurb for your novel and I'll knock you up a cover

EDIT: I went ahead and made the cover for jax61666 anyway. Here it is

Last edited by Moejoe; 02-25-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #40
Moejoe
Banned

And here's the last of the first batch of covers, this one for the short story collection:

Old 02-25-2009, 09:45 PM   #41
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I went ahead and made the cover for jax61666 anyway. Here it is

Wow. Moejoe. Thanks for the cover love. It's awesome. I titled it "The "Day of the Dead" originally, then retitled it to "The Phoenix Rising" .. .. but now that I think about it: "Rising" isn't such a bad title. It does detail The rise to power of Phoenix.

Which I still need to completely rewrite, but that's neither here nor there.

It does hint at the trouble in the city without the supernatural elements that may or may not even come close to being in the final draft.

Anyway - - enough about me. And it looks like I've hijacked your thread. Oops.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:49 PM   #42
Moejoe
Banned

No probs. If you want any alterations, title changing or anything (I kept it short because I was working on a phoenix in flames/text logo to add to the title above RISNG) just give me a shout
Old 02-25-2009, 09:56 PM   #43
jaxx6166
Wizard

That sounds fantastic. Actually...I think you're my hero right now.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:22 PM   #44
Moejoe
Banned

I was thinking something more like this:

Old 02-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #45
jaxx6166
Wizard

See above.
You rock.
Thank you so much. I'm in love with this version.
The blood splatter on Rising is great.