Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-12-2016, 04:40 AM   #1
but2002
but2002 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Re-program page turn buttons?

Both of my "page right" buttons work, and neither of my "page left" buttons work, and I was wondering if there was a tool or a tweak I could do to re-program the "right" button on the left side of the kindle to page left instead

Thanks!
but2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:14 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by but2002 View Post
Both of my "page right" buttons work, and neither of my "page left" buttons work, and I was wondering if there was a tool or a tweak I could do to re-program the "right" button on the left side of the kindle to page left instead

Thanks!
I am not aware of an existing hack, but that souds doable. Different kindle models use different button codes. What model is your kindle (first 4 characters of your serial number)? A K3 (listed as your "Device").
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2016, 11:17 AM   #3
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by but2002 View Post

Thanks!
Maybe by adapting something like this on a K3?
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:46 AM   #4
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
The question is if left and right "page forward" buttons have the same or different button code or not the same.
I used to use that linked LounchPad script to remap two buttons just next to D-pad (I think it was Delete and Enter or maybe Sym instead of Enter) that I needed the least, in order to avoid spreading of the hairline cracks in plastic that my Kindle 3 had i both bottom corners of the screen.

Edit: IIRC @seaniko7 also posted a custom kernel or something like that with some similar type of buttons remaping.

Edit2: Here it is. It had space button as page forward

Last edited by shamanNS; 05-12-2016 at 11:57 AM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote