Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
Skeldave
Skeldave began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Calibre Won't Save Page Read % - Kobo Wifi

Hi,

I'm quite new to calibre and have successfully added my books to it and transfered them to my kobo wifi. Today it turns out that my database is corrupted so I performed a factory reset and re-added all my books from calibre.

However, all the books were added as 'unread' which means I have to manually 'finish' the ones i've finished, or get back to the page that I was on.

My question is: How do you sync percentage read with calibre so it will upload the books in the same state if I happen to get a corrupted database again?

I have noticed that in the metadata it has a 'Percentage read' line but this isn't updated when I plug my Kobo in. It just contains random percentages and even when those books are re-added, it still says the book is unread.

Thank you.
Skeldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Currently, there isn't a way. The Kobo Touch driver does not read any of this information, it does not attempt to store it in the calibre library and hence cannot restore it.

Where are you seeing the "'Percentage read' line"? That is something displayed in the Kobo device library. But if you are seeing it in calibre it means something else.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Currently, there isn't a way. The Kobo Touch driver does not read any of this information, it does not attempt to store it in the calibre library and hence cannot restore it.

Where are you seeing the "'Percentage read' line"? That is something displayed in the Kobo device library. But if you are seeing it in calibre it means something else.
Does the touch driver handle the Wi-Fi the original poster have?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
Skeldave

Quote:

It says it in the 'Comments' section in the side bar (Or in the metadata page)

This is what it says:

Quote:
Book Last Read: 2013-05-19 13:03:51
Percentage Read: 0%
Also I have a kobo wifi, not touch (As the guy above said).

Thanks
Old 05-19-2013, 11:50 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeldave View Post
It says it in the 'Comments' section in the side bar (Or in the metadata page)

Also I have a kobo wifi, not touch (As the guy above said).
Firstly, my apologies about the driver. I'm normally dealing with the Touch driver and typed the wrong name.

I see what you are doing. You are using "Fetch annotations". That reads the annotations from the device and adds it to the comment metadata field. The current reading position is also fetched. Unfortunately, this is one way only. It also doesn't fetch enough information to send the correct reading position back to the device. Marking the finished books would be possible, but someone would have to write code the parse the comment and set the status on the device.
Advert
Old 05-20-2013, 06:45 AM   #6
Skeldave

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any chance the two-way system would be implemented? Or is it not possible? It would be very useful.

Could I 'request a feature' in Calibre somewhere at all?

Apart from in the comments section, where can I view that data that is retrieved from the Kobo reader?

Thanks again.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, there should be something soon. It will be separate to the driver.

The only data from the device that is in calibre is if you fetch the annotations or look at the device list.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:48 AM   #8
Skeldave

Quote:
Yes, there should be something soon. It will be separate to the driver.

The only data from the device that is in calibre is if you fetch the annotations or look at the device list.
That's great, thanks for the help.