Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-17-2007, 01:34 PM   #46
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
I saw the best reader case ever on a flight last week. I actually saw another person with a Sony Reader on the same plane. If it's one of youall, read on as I didn't get your name. This guy had a perfect case for carrying the reader in one's briefcase. It was clear acrylic plastic, hinged at the top. It fit the reader, in it's leather cover, very well. After the seatbelt sign went off I went over, with my reader, to ask about it. He said it was a Best Buy anti-theft cover for Nintendo Wii games. He trimmed off the locking tabs (it normally locks to prevent game theft).

I've been to my local Best Buy and seen it myself. It is very strong, rigid (I stepped on one), and just 3/8" taller than the reader. I've tried to buy them from the store without success, I even offered a bribe. (They are obviously concerned that I'd take it home, make my own unlocker, and come back to steal games.) The manufacturer didn't put their name on the darn thing, so I don't know who made it.

So, If you read this, send me a message on how to extract one from the Best Buy. I'd be willing to buy them from the manufacturer, but I don't need a Best Buy's worth of them, one will do.
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote