Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 09-19-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
genmidi
genmidi began at the beginning.

Device: none
eReader PDB ebooks on Hanlin V3?

Hi Everyone,

I can't seem to find any information on this so my apologies if it's already been covered. Does anyone know if the Hanlin V3 supports ebooks from the eReader store (www.ereader.com)? I have a couple of DRM books from there and I'm thinking of getting a reader so it's important to me that those can be read. Thanks.
genmidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Currently, no EInk reader supports eReader, and in particular none supports eReader DRM (encryption).

However, B&N (who now own FictionWise and eReader) is apparently about to introduce their own EInk device (Plastic Logic under the cover of Barnes and Noble?). This might be the iRex DR800 (Mainstream iRex 8.1-inch reader for 400$), which will definitely support eReader. Finally, Astak expects to soon offer eReader on its devices and its EZ Reader line are Hanlins. From Adobe Digital Editions for EZ Reader:
Quote:
We also are close to being able to offer Fictionwise eReader as well. We are waiting for the final SDK and the porting to take place and then that will also be an upload on the new website.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert