Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-28-2009, 03:44 AM   #16
Jill75
Zealot
Jill75 doesn't litterJill75 doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
1:30 AM EST and the new ebooks are all gone again.

Edited to add: and the 100% rebate books on the front page are only showing small rebates (around 10%). They've been having problems ever since the take over by B&N. I'd have thought the cash infusions of all their pre-new years sales and the sale to B&N would have meant more/better site maintenance.
Yes sad to say I thought that it would improve also. At the start I thought it only as adjustment period but its already almost half the year and still cant maintain it well.
Jill75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #17
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
It effectively negates the 5% extra rebate for early ordering that they promise, since you can't order early (apparently shrinking the time period, as done earlier, wasn't effective enough, so now there are no books at all until after the early time period is up). Not that they actually honored that last week, anyway (nor have they bothered to reply to my complaint, other than the autobot's reply that they would get back to me).

Karen
http://booksontheknob.blogspot.com/
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2009, 10:03 AM   #18
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I've noticed that too - originally they relesed the books at 10AM eastern - which gave 21 hours for the rapid rebate. Now you're lucky to get them by 10PM eastern.

I've been unimpressed by their customer service lately too. Who knows even though I like FW's interface a lot more I may have to start spending more money at BoB.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:18 AM   #19
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
I've been unimpressed by their customer service lately too.
Yeah, there have been complaints on the FW Yahoo group about CS lately too.

Scott from FW responded to one recent complaint with...
Quote:
I understand your frustration and we'll continue to work to improve our support. We add new people all the time and it takes significant time to train because Fictionwise is the only site to support 17 formats including 4 encrypted formats that work on thousands of devices and phones.

But I want to add that the team we have in place cares and works hard and I'm proud of their work and appreciate it.

That doesn't mean we can't improve and we will certainly try.
...I don't know if the CS problems are growing pains or what. They used to be really good for the most part. With the growth of ebooks plus the recent pub of the B&N sale perhaps they're growing faster than they can get CS reps in place.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 04-28-2009 at 10:21 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:29 AM   #20
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I'm one of the people who had issues.

In my case the problem was that the SF sale ended earlier than advertised (which the CS person is insisting wasn't the case) and the sale that replaced it did not include magazine subscriptions. CS is telling me that they never put subscriptions on sale (demonstrably false as I have archived emails to the contrary) despite the fact that I managed to purchase an Analog sub during the SF sale (would have got Interzone if it lasted as long as advertised) and an F&SF sub during the Fantasy sale.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2009, 01:24 PM   #21
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Yeah, it is certainly not true that mag subscriptions are _never_ on sale. It isn't common, though, compared to others.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote