Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
MovieBird
TuxSlash
MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: GlowNook
Google Books

According to a Nook FAQ, Barnes & Noble directly interfaces with Google Books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nook FAQ
How do I get free public domain titles from Google Books?

Free titles are indicated by a "Get Free" button in place of the "Buy Now" button. Barnes & Noble.com has partnered with Google Books to bring you half a million public domain titles for free. Look for these titles throughout the website.
I know i can search for free books by putting in 0.00 into the search bar, but that turns up a bunch of crappy romance/erotic books I don't want. Does anyone have a successful way to find the free Google classics?
MovieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I looked all over the B&N Nook books website and couldn't find anything about free Google classics. I found a lot of "Classic" books, but they were all like $3.99. I did a search on "Google classics" and got no hits. Soooo, if it is there, it sure is well-hidden (or I did a poor job of looking).

Edit: Maybe if you search for a particular "classic" author within the Nook ebooks area (e.g. Charles Dickens), perhaps some of the results will be Google free books. Just a guess.

Last edited by RAH; 12-07-2012 at 01:50 PM.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I'm pretty fed up with the Nook store, whether it's on the B&N web site or directly from my Nook. It's almost impossible to find anything! They've got the worst search system I've ever seen. I've been waiting years for them to redo it and make it more user friendly. Doesn't look like it is going to happen.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote