Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 06:53 AM   #106
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
no worries
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:42 AM   #107
RastyG
RastyG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G GB
FULL SCREEN without top and bottom bar

Hello

I just would like to ask if there's any way to have your terminal without top and buttom bars, displayed the same way as kiterm (completelly full screen without any bars or panels).

Thanks for your answer

RastyG
RastyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #108
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

not that I know of.

sorry. I guess maybe you could look to adjust the myts code to be "full screen" as opposed to the central section. Matan would know more.

HTH
Old 10-13-2012, 07:42 AM   #109
Matan
Enthusiast
Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: none
Showing the terminal full screen is easy. Just change YOffset in myts.ini from 40 to 0. What I don't know is how to prevent kindle from displaying the top and bottom bars while myts is running (except for kill -STOP, which I don't like).
Matan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #110
twobob

Thanks matan. Simple as that
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #111
RastyG
RastyG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
Showing the terminal full screen is easy. Just change YOffset in myts.ini from 40 to 0. What I don't know is how to prevent kindle from displaying the top and bottom bars while myts is running (except for kill -STOP, which I don't like).
Thanks Matan ! That's exactly what I needed.
RastyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #112
kendall green
kendall green began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard 3
I installed myts version 6 in my jail broke Kindle keyboard. I can access the ~usbNetwork but cannot access the terminal program. Shift T T just gives me TT in the search window. I want to use the Kindle as a terminal for my Raspberry pi and need a clear terminal screen. Any suggestions to help me debug this problem?
kendall green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #113
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendall green View Post
I installed myts version 6 in my jail broke Kindle keyboard. I can access the ~usbNetwork but cannot access the terminal program. Shift T T just gives me TT in the search window. I want to use the Kindle as a terminal for my Raspberry pi and need a clear terminal screen. Any suggestions to help me debug this problem?
reinstall launchpad - or if you KNOW it is installed - check the myts.ini in the launchpad folder is in order - OR - Press Shift Shift Space to reload your launcpad ini's

that is a launchpad problem.

EDIT: REASONING: Since it doesn't say FAILED, it never tried.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #114
Tanga
Zealot
Tanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle 3
I'm struggling to work out what to do. I've looked through the forum, and can't find the details of how to install it...? Surely not just put the tar file in?
Tanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #115
twobob

unzip the zip.

The TGZ is the SOURCE CODE. (not what you wnat I don't think)
you want the ZIP from http://my.svgalib.org/kindle/myts-8.zip

Now, dump that (unzipped) on the root of the drive. (on the FAT space, not the ext3 linux bit) /mnt/us/"here"

Install (or run) launchpad (remember to SHIFT SHIFT SPACE to reload the shortcuts database first) https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97636

optionally add a larger font once you have it running from this thread.

I'm doing to this right now. (hence the walk-through) enjoy
Old 11-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #116
twobob

I am finished reinstalling it. It's a quick process.

If you need one ( I think you do ) do a launchpad install and reboot in for good measure. shouldn't be too tricky. hopefully that should be enough to get you going

Last edited by twobob; 11-03-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #117
kendall green
kendall green began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard 3
continued problem with launchpad/myts

Quote:
I reinstalled launchpad and myts 8 by copying the unziped files to /mnt/us/ I restarted launchpad with Shift Shift Space and myts with Shift T. still no terminal.
kendall green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:53 PM   #118
Tanga
Zealot
Tanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle 3
Launchpad Shortcut?

Okay, cool - that makes more sense. Thanks Two Bob. I already have Launchpad installed, about to give this a go. Thanks

EDIT: Woot, I just opened a terminal. Thanks a lot. I will probably do an update on my noob blog.

EDIT 2: Kendell, I did the same thing. It's 'SHIFT T T'

Last edited by Tanga; 11-03-2012 at 09:05 PM. Reason: It worked!
Tanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #119
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
I reinstalled launchpad and myts 8 by copying the unziped files to /mnt/us/ I restarted launchpad with Shift Shift Space and myts with Shift T. still no terminal.
The launchpad keys must be pressed very quickly and close together. You may be pressing them too slowly.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #120
h1ro
Enthusiast
h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Glo HD
does this work on the paperwhite?
h1ro is offline   Reply With Quote