Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #1
doktorek
doktorek began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96
m96 dictionary support + sound issue

Hi, is there some definitive guide on dictionary support in M96? I find the process really confusing...I did not manage to install anything for onyxdict (should it work the same as in m92?), promo material mentions quickdic support and install "on demand" - is this only a promo blurb or an actual option? I haven't seen anything in dictionary tool etc. that would allow that.
Finally, I installed colordict and it kinda works, but is there an option to show a dictionary popup without leaving the book? Current way of dict lookup requires to many clicks...I'm sure I've seen pics of onyx boox (not sure which model) that showed just a popup window with the translation, which is great....

Also, I tested sound through my headphones and I can hear only left channel (test using TTS tab and listen to an example item) - is that correct? I've just a monent ago realized that this batch has no builtin speaker...Well, my bad.

Thanks!
doktorek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:17 AM   #2
doktorek
doktorek began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96
OK, looks like adding colordict offline dicts is easy, just copying new dicts to dictdata directory. Still, I would like to know how the dictionary support was improved and how dictionaries can be dowloaded on demand (as per onyx advertising), so far I have found nothing about that and there is no manual, of course.
doktorek is offline   Reply With Quote