Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 05:54 AM   #2506
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Would you consider http://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/index.php as well?

The Epub plug-in they have on the site is not as good as the one in Calibre.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #2507
Linwe
Enthusiast
Linwe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle & Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Updates should also kick off the convert. They do for me...
I ran calibre in debug mode and then tried the process again. Still doesn't auto-convert updated stories from epub to mobi if there's an older mobi, and debug file doesn't indicate that auto-conversion ever kicked in.

So just having it ticked doesn't seem to work for me if I already have the mobi file, but ticking the "delete other formats" option seems to fix that although the process takes longer then.

Thoughts?
Old 03-08-2014, 10:21 PM   #2508
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linwe View Post
I ran calibre in debug mode and then tried the process again. Still doesn't auto-convert updated stories from epub to mobi if there's an older mobi, and debug file doesn't indicate that auto-conversion ever kicked in.

So just having it ticked doesn't seem to work for me if I already have the mobi file, but ticking the "delete other formats" option seems to fix that although the process takes longer then.
Interesting. I've always used 'Delete other formats', so I never tested Auto-Convert with that turned off. But I see the same behavior with it off.

FFDL calls the 'auto_convert_auto_add()' method on calibre's 'Convert Books' action--this is the same as calibre's built-in 'auto convert on add' feature uses. Looking at the source for it, sure enough, it only converts if the default target format isn't there.

After reviewing the calibre code, I think the best course is to add code in FFDL to remove the target format when 'auto convert' is turned on.

Attached is a new test version with that change.

Linwe, thanks for helping figure this out.

UPDATE Mar 08, 2014 -- Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 03-09-2014 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 03-08-2014, 10:26 PM   #2509
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
I've added it to the 'under consideration' list.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:17 PM   #2510
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.8.14 - 09 Mar 2014
  • Fix for potionsandsnitches.net, extra text after date.
  • Change Job Log output so URLs are more copy/pasteable.
  • Configurable connection timeout as per FaceDeer's recommendation.
  • Fix for seriesUrl check.
  • Fix for AO3 https urls.
  • On auto-convert, delete target format else convert doesn't run.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:13 AM   #2511
compassrn
compassrn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
fictionpress no longer working

The Fictionpress site is no longer working.

I get the message "URL is not a valid story URL" if i try to update an fictionpress story that already exists in Calibre.
If I try to add a new story from fictionpress it won't copy the URL.

I think the problem is that fictionpress now uses HTTPS: URLs.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:10 PM   #2512
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by compassrn View Post
The Fictionpress site is no longer working.
I think the problem is that fictionpress now uses HTTPS: URLs.
Good point. The attached version fixes that.

Thanks for pointing it out.

UPDATE Mar 16, 2014 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 03-16-2014 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 03-14-2014, 11:27 AM   #2513
kristalana
Groupie
kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Galaxy Tab Pro
Is it possible to strip out the leading and trailing Author Notes from AO3 stories? I've been removing them with Edit Book but that takes some time and I also end up accidentally spoiling myself for plot details or the story's end. Thank you so much for this plugin!
Old 03-14-2014, 03:03 PM   #2514
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalana View Post
Is it possible to strip out the leading and trailing Author Notes from AO3 stories? I've been removing them with Edit Book but that takes some time and I also end up accidentally spoiling myself for plot details or the story's end. Thank you so much for this plugin!
Attached is a test version that makes all the AO3 notes optional. But because they've always been on before, you have to explicitly turn them off. That's so the behavior doesn't change for other users.

Install the attached plugin (see the Introduction to plugins thread if you need help), and add this to your personal.ini in FFDL config:

Code:
[archiveofourown.org]
exclude_notes:authorheadnotes,chaptersummary,chapterheadnotes,chapterfootnotes,authorfootnotes
That will suppress all the notes & summary. Remove from the list any that you want to keep. Not all chapters have all of these notes.

UPDATE Mar 16, 2014 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 03-16-2014 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 03-14-2014, 08:28 PM   #2515
kristalana
Groupie
kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Galaxy Tab Pro
Awesome, thanks so much! I'll try it out and report back.

It worked perfectly, thanks again. Boy do I wish I'd asked about this earlier.

Last edited by kristalana; 03-14-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:34 PM   #2516
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version

Version 1.8.15 - 16 Mar 2014
  • Fix for fictionpress.com https urls.
  • Add options to turn off author notes on AO3 chapters.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:32 AM   #2517
SallyK
Enthusiast
SallyK began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GloHD
Thank you very much for the turn off author notes function. :-) I've often idly wished it was possible, and am very pleased to find out that it is.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:28 AM   #2518
Robin42069
Enthusiast
Robin42069 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I've had to interrupt my downloading of fanfiction and such cuz my computer is slow and it messes up alot and thats wiped out my jobs list for the day and such i tend to lose what exactly i was downloading. is there another place that a log was stored in calibre or even the plugin itself.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:22 AM   #2519
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin42069 View Post
I've had to interrupt my downloading of fanfiction and such cuz my computer is slow and it messes up alot and thats wiped out my jobs list for the day and such i tend to lose what exactly i was downloading. is there another place that a log was stored in calibre or even the plugin itself.
If you run calibre from command line in debug mode (calibre-debug -g) it will also output the URL lists in the command line window. But there's a lot of other debug information from calibre itself and the plugins.

If you ran it in debug and directed the output to a file (calibre-debug -g > output.txt), you could search the file for URL lists.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:22 PM   #2520
Sculptor
Sculptor began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
Hi

First of all, I want to say, this is a great plugin. I only read fanfiction stories and use only this to download and update them. Thank you very much for creating/maintaining it.

Now to the problem, I can't seem to update stories from fanfiction.net. Even though I can see when I go to the site that a new chapter is released, when I try to update, I get a dialogue telling me 'None of the 1 URLS/Stories given can be/need to be downloaded'. I can add new stories just fine though (although, it takes a long time to download, not sure if the problem is on my end).

Could you please take a look at it. Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread