Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #61
Conner
Enthusiast
Conner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Ok I thought because I made a mistake it would instantly work well guess what.. yup thats right it didnt work.. SO my kindle looks like Kindle/launchpad/ keystore_install.sh+keystore ini+developer_keystore.. I pressed shift shift space although all that seemed to register as shift space so i restarted kindle to be sure. then i press shift k i i got success on both of them.. So then i click the .azw2 file and it still gives me the same error.
Is it possible the snakes games keys are not in the merged developer keystore either way.. Ifi install usb networking i.e. I actually already have. How do I find that folder I cannot see it basically where is the folder to deposit the keys in?

Thanks again..
Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #62
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
The framework will have to get restarted after installing the keystore, so a simple reboot should be sufficient.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #63
Conner
Enthusiast
Conner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Btw Guys Got it working. It turns out that a previous Mod for whatever reason is prohibiting the installation of this. Picture Viewer Fullscreen mod. It wouldnt Install with this. And The Picture Viewer Fullscreen mod wouldnt install with the the dev keys installed. So I Ask a new question is there a plausable reason behind this and a way I can fix? I use the picture viewer alot and like it fullscreen.
Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #64
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conner View Post
Btw Guys Got it working. It turns out that a previous Mod for whatever reason is prohibiting the installation of this. Picture Viewer Fullscreen mod. It wouldnt Install with this. And The Picture Viewer Fullscreen mod wouldnt install with the the dev keys installed. So I Ask a new question is there a plausable reason behind this and a way I can fix? I use the picture viewer alot and like it fullscreen.
I think the Picture Viewer Fullscreen Mod is the one currently used mod that I am aware of that isn't already on the latest Jailbreak Hack whitelist. Unless I am mistaken on this. As such, that is why it won't install for ya. But isn't it an actual hack, versus just one that requires dev keys?
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #65
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
I came across this post on CR3runner. I'm not sure how functional the application is but I anyway merged the new keys in the keystore. Find the update in the first post.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #66
mog
mog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 (NT)
how to i Copy this developer.keystore to your /var/local/java/keystore/ ?
do i need launchpad hack ?
mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #67
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mog View Post
how to i Copy this developer.keystore to your /var/local/java/keystore/ ?
do i need launchpad hack ?
The answer depends on your kindle model. If this is for a K4, the answer is in the K4 Hacking wiki. You can find that from the Master Index sticky.

The launchpad hack is for the K3 and DX. The kite app has a similar function and is reported to work on K3 and K4. Their is a launcher menu for the K5.

You need to say what model it is for when you ask questions like that.

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-11-2012 at 09:19 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #68
mog

I cannot find anything in the K4 Hacking wiki :/

i have a K4NT...do i have to use the ssh to copy the keystore to my kindle? what is the command ?
Old 07-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #69
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
what is the command ?
Code:
mntroot rw
mv /mnt/us/developer.keystore /var/local/java/keystore/developer.keystore
mntroot ro
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #70
mog

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Code:
mntroot rw
mntroot ro

Thomass, can you explain it better? i have downloaded the developer.keystore in the first post, and i've connected my kindle to my Mac and opened the ssh(USBnetwork) to the kindle in Terminal ( and is ready to use ), do i just copy/past the command ? where do i put the file (keystore) i downloaded?
Old 07-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #71
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
where do i put the file (keystore) i downloaded?
copy developer.keystore to the usb root folder of the kindle (ie beside the "documents" folder )

Quote:
do i just copy/past the command ?
yes but line by line, then press the enter button for the each line

You need to restart your Kindle to be able to use apps signed with this keystore.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #72
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Before you opened the USBnetwork connection,
back when connecting the Kindle's USB cable showed you the "USB user storage" of the Kindle...
That is what is known as: /mnt/us while accessing the kindle by ssh.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #73
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Oops.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #74
MaPePeR
Connoisseur
MaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughing

Device: KT
  • Make sure, that you have jailbreaked your Kindle
  • Make sure that you have USBNetworking installed properly on your Kindle
  • Make sure, you can connect to your Kindle over SSH
  1. Connect your Kindle in USB-(Not-Networking!)-Mode to your Computer
  2. Copy the downloaded developer.keystore from the first post to the Kindle-USB-Drive next to the documents folder
  3. Safely Disconnect your Kindle
  4. Start USBNetworking by searching for ";un" in the Kindle-Search-Bar
  5. Connect your Kindle and connect to it over SSH as before
  6. Execute these commands on your Kindle:
    Code:
    mntroot rw
    mntroot ro
  7. Disconnect your Kindle
  8. Stop USBNetworking by searching for ";un" again
  9. Restart your Kindle

Last edited by MaPePeR; 07-19-2012 at 12:36 PM.
MaPePeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #75
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaPePeR View Post
  • Make sure, that you have jailbreaked your Kindle
  • Make sure that you have USBNetworking installed properly on your Kindle
  • Make sure, you can connect to your Kindle over SSH
  1. Connect your Kindle in USB-(Not-Networking!)-Mode to your Computer
  2. Copy the downloaded developer.keystore from the first post to the Kindle-USB-Drive next to the documents folder
  3. Safely Disconnect your Kindle
  4. Start USBNetworking by searching for ";un" in the Kindle-Search-Bar
  5. Connect your Kindle and connect to it over SSH as before
  6. Execute these commands on your Kindle:
    Code:
    mntroot rw
    mntroot ro
  7. Disconnect your Kindle
  8. Stop USBNetworking by searching for ";un" again
  9. Restart your Kindle
Okay, this post earned you the long awaited 2600 karma upgrade because it summarized the procedure into a simple step-by-step recipe with references. I hope to see more of the same, and perhaps some indexing contributions, and maybe even some original code.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote