Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 02-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
mkgtu
Zealot
mkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolate

Device: Currently:Voyage, Oasis 3, Kindle mobile apps, andKindle Fire
New York Times missing Front Page articles

I suspect the problem has to do with the time the paper is downloaded. Always used to download around 4:00 am (Pacific Time) with no problem. Now that nets me only one front page article (of what should be e.g. 6 articles) If I re-download later in the day (have tired as early as 6:45 am Pacific, which is 9:45 Eastern!) I get all the front page articles.

To save time experimenting with downloading times, has anyone else experienced the same issue (no pun intended!) and found an good time when all the articles would be available. I know the official Kindle paid subscription is available quite early; supposedly when the paper hits the newsstands on the East coast, so the articles must be out there someplace. I do get up quite early and like to have the NYTimes at hand.

P.S. Have to admit I took a hiatus from downloading with the calibre recipe for a couple of months because of problems with the recipe. Used the 60 day trial from Amazon in the meantime. The front page articles were never missing before I switched a couple of months ago; and I always downloaded at 3:40am (Pacific)
mkgtu is offline   Reply With Quote