Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #16
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
I'm getting pretty much the same kind of battery life. I still use my original nook outside, but I agree even in the shade the screen isn't really bright enough to read comfortably outside. However, I expected that going in and this is my inside device.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:30 PM   #17
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aagstn View Post
I'm getting pretty much the same kind of battery life. I still use my original nook outside, but I agree even in the shade the screen isn't really bright enough to read comfortably outside. However, I expected that going in and this is my inside device.
I don't have a color nook, but use a PDA with an LCD screen for ebook viewing. In my experience, screen brightness is the biggest factor in battery life. I keep mine set as dim as possible while being able to read comfortably (10% or less, depending on conditions). Wifi is also a battery drain, but I seldom do that and haven't measured it. Battery charge drops to about 80% in average daily use. I recharge nightly, so this isn't an issue.

Will the color nook let you turn the backlight all the way off? I can read outdoors on my PDA if I do so.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:57 PM   #18
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Will the color nook let you turn the backlight all the way off?...
A rooted NOOKcolor will if you install an app for greater control over brightness.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:37 PM   #19
Mitzasuro
Connoisseur
Mitzasuro doesn't litterMitzasuro doesn't litter

Device: Nook, Nook Color
I habe been using my nook color for 3 days without a single charge and it's at 75%. I have wifi on ( I post the status progress of my book) and seldome use the browser. I keep the brightness down all the way.I just hope they get the syncing working right between the classic nook and the nook color.
Mitzasuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:38 PM   #20
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzasuro View Post
I habe been using my nook color for 3 days without a single charge and it's at 75%. I have wifi on ( I post the status progress of my book) and seldome use the browser. I keep the brightness down all the way.I just hope they get the syncing working right between the classic nook and the nook color.
the syncing between the nook classic and the nook color so far I found is the nook classic is the mothership,
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote