Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-14-2008, 12:35 PM   #1
ionontelodico
ionontelodico began at the beginning.

Device: RichardBiavaQZ
Problems after format

Hi to all
I formatted my iLiad following this guide: How to unbrick (reflash, restore, etc) your iLiad.
But now i have some problems:
1: Where can i see the firmware version i installed?
-1a: where can i download the 2.12 firmware - if it is not installed yet?
-2a: can i update my iLiad by the CF Card - if it is not installed yet?
2: How can i install other programs, actually... how can i install the Multi IPDF installer for 2.12 suite?..i can't understand!
-2a: i tried - after formatting - to install other programs following this guide: The absolute n00b guide to installing applications, but i was not able to install even mrxvt (this is why i suppose i haven't the 2.12 firmware version...)
Hope somebody can help
Thanks
Ciao!

Last edited by ionontelodico; 05-14-2008 at 01:25 PM.
ionontelodico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:54 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The 2.12 firmware should be installed when you connect to IDS. This is covered in The absolute n00b guide to installing applications. This is also how you get the developer package. Note that mrxvt does not care about the firmware version, but, like all 3rd party software, it does need the developers package.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2008, 01:32 PM   #3
ionontelodico

Quote:
The 2.12 firmware should be installed when you connect to IDS
I really don't know how can i connect to ids...i mean: i have an internet wired connection with the iLiad - i tested it and works - but i don't how to reach the IDS...Does the iLiad connect auomatically? And, if not, how can i download the upgrade - if there is any upgrade?
Plus: where can i find my firmware version?
Quote:
like all 3rd party software, it does need the developers package
...I just donwnload the developers package, and i'm going to install it....hope it works....
I hope you can help me...i'm very "dazed & confused"....
P.S.: Led Zeppelin rules!!!

Last edited by ionontelodico; 05-14-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
There should be docs on your iliad that tell you how to connect to IDS. If they are not there, then take a look at these docs

Don't download the developers package until you have connected to IDS and upgraded to version 2.12, otherwise you'll have to do it again after the upgrade.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:10 PM   #5
ionontelodico

Well...i just - finally - connected to ids and upgraded my software and downloaded the developers package...
Now i'm going to install the Multi IPDF Installer (crossimg my finger, hoping everything goes ok)...
I will let you know
Thanks
Ciao!
Advert