Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #76
tvuongpham
Banned
tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite 2nd gen, Kindle KB (dead) PRS-T1, PRS 350
new feature request (t3)

Having owned the 600, 350 and T1.. and the the K3 what is annoying for me is not having an inbox.. an ability to push books (epub), docs and pictures you own to the device.

Sure you can browse to dropbox and get.. but the "smarts" in the T1 is lacking in it inability to receive files.

ho hum
my .02 cents
tvuongpham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:06 AM   #77
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
Sony like energizer bunny
working working new eReader working
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2013, 05:14 AM   #78
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
The biggest advantage to me with installing PRS+ is that you have total control over the fonts used, you're no longer limited to the default fonts that are on the reader. With my crappy eyes, it's a huge advantage for me. If that was the only feature of PRS+, I'd still love it.
Fonts and custom messages/wallpaper on standby screens were the features that sold me initially, but I'm happy about several others, too (such as which books get displayed on the home screen).
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:23 AM   #79
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsooth View Post
Sony like energizer bunny
working working new eReader working
I might call our beloved PRS+ dev "the Energizer Bundy" if not for the gruesome overtones which that epithet lends to the word hacker.

Edit: And in our Kartu's case, I mean hacker specifically as defined in the third entry from Merriam-Webster:

Quote:
an expert at programming and solving problems with a computer . . .

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 04-03-2013 at 05:33 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:19 PM   #80
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Well as a Sony user, if the T3 is "front lit", then I am certainly in the market to buy one. I often read with a clip on light, so it will be great to dispense with that clip on.

I am way too happy with my PRS-650 though
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2013, 11:28 PM   #81
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
I also would be in the market for a T3 if it builds on the T2 with a front light and higher res display to compete with the Paperwhite. I love my T1 (and my 600 before it), but the new features of the T2 were not enough to tempt me.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #82
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I too was not tempted by the T2. In fact, I migrated over to the PW once I saw how nice the screen was. As I stated earlier, I would definitely consider a frontlit Sony ereader.

My T1 has taken a back seat to the PW, but a new frontlit epub reader would quickly start to share titles with the PW.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #83
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
As I've just posted in the similar thread in the Sony forum, the following thread in the Kindle forum (which includes a couple of people who've went from Nook/Sony e-readers to the Paperwhite), makes it seem like a no-brainer to upgrade to the front-lit devices: 'New Basic Kindle arrived today'.

That's even with a screen which some people have found issues with, and all but one person wouldn't dream of going back to a non-lit device. It definitely seems to be the way forward.... I'm just waiting to see if either the upcoming Sony or the next gen Paperwhite (or possibly even the Kobo) will be my personal perfect device!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #84
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Hi Guys,
I mean why it is this frame lit so essential? you need a cover in the end because eink is delicate. so with a cover having a light is not an issue.( i have a cover with light and i read really well).
in June will hit the market another ecolor eink, new phones with eink or eink/lcd double technology are coming as well. then there is the jetco, and amazon has an agreement with an important color screen technology( sorry if i am generic, do not rememeber where i read that).
let's face it the new breakingthrough technology is a device, where you can see video, photo, android app, reading emails etc with great durability and perfect view under the sun....
all the rest is fluff talk, buying after T1 for a light looks not great to me. color is not only for manga, but book covers, different highlights etc

sorry if I am harsh, but now the ecolor is ripe, if sony does not update I will go honestly for a competitor, despite they have a Dutch dictionary.
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #85
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
Hi Guys,
I mean why it is this frame lit so essential? you need a cover in the end because eink is delicate. so with a cover having a light is not an issue.( i have a cover with light and i read really well).
in June will hit the market another ecolor eink, new phones with eink or eink/lcd double technology are coming as well. then there is the jetco, and amazon has an agreement with an important color screen technology( sorry if i am generic, do not rememeber where i read that).
let's face it the new breakingthrough technology is a device, where you can see video, photo, android app, reading emails etc with great durability and perfect view under the sun....
all the rest is fluff talk, buying after T1 for a light looks not great to me. color is not only for manga, but book covers, different highlights etc

sorry if I am harsh, but now the ecolor is ripe, if sony does not update I will go honestly for a competitor, despite they have a Dutch dictionary.
Frontlighting gives you more even light coverage without any loss of battery life or added weight. At a minimal added cost. Plus the KPW screen really is white.
It may not be for everybody but it is a genuine improvement over the T1.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #86
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
Hi Guys,
I mean why it is this frame lit so essential? you need a cover in the end because eink is delicate. ...
Since I purchased my Kobo Glo, I've stopped using a cover. Doesn't seem that delicate to me.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #87
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
http://www.clubic.com/livre-electron...oeclairee.html

According to this article, it is not going to happen anytime soon. This is an interview with Stephanie Lang, Division Manager of the IT Division at Sony France at the Salon du Livre 2013 in Paris (it is a huge Book Fair for the francophone community). She basically says that Sony was a precursor with its lighted e-reader PRS-700 in 2008, it did not sell well and new studies (I'd love to know which ones, since I personally do not believe those results) have shown that integrated lighting is a function that is appreciated "from time to time, but not a determinant criteria" in the choice of a reader.
As I said, I believe they are wrong and hope they will change their mind, but according to Ms Lang it does not look like Sony will bring out a lighted e-reader anytime soon.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #88
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
http://www.clubic.com/livre-electron...oeclairee.html

According to this article, it is not going to happen anytime soon. This is an interview with Stephanie Lang, Division Manager of the IT Division at Sony France at the Salon du Livre 2013 in Paris (it is a huge Book Fair for the francophone community). She basically says that Sony was a precursor with its lighted e-reader PRS-700 in 2008, it did not sell well and new studies (I'd love to know which ones, since I personally do not believe those results) have shown that integrated lighting is a function that is appreciated "from time to time, but not a determinant criteria" in the choice of a reader.
As I said, I believe they are wrong and hope they will change their mind, but according to Ms Lang it does not look like Sony will bring out a lighted e-reader anytime soon.
Yes, it wasn't a real criteria. But now i'm used to having it, i'll have a hard time doing without frontlight.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #89
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can someone actually do a proper translation? Seems they used the wrong words that translate into reading light when that is clearly incorrect.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #90
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
If they claim to have a study showing that a frontlit screen is not a determinant, then they need to fire the firm that conducted that survey!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote