Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-22-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
lrui
Enthusiast
lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook simple touch
Calibre0.8.65 broken

Code:
calibre, version 0.8.65
ERROR: 未处理的异常: <b>UnicodeDecodeError</b>:'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x8b in position 1: invalid start byte
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\update.py", line 156, in update_found
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x8b in position 1: invalid start byte
I get this error today when i start the calibre
I don't know why, but yesterday it's ok!
What can i do?
lrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Something on your network is returning an invalid response when calibre is trying to check for the latest version, probably a firewall. Just ignore that error.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2012, 01:26 AM   #3
lrui
Enthusiast
lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Something on your network is returning an invalid response when calibre is trying to check for the latest version, probably a firewall. Just ignore that error.
Thanks, Kovid. I set a http_proxy, I close it, it's ok now.

I have another question, how to revise the author of newspaper, if you dont specify the author value, the newspaper's default author is CALIBRE,so i add this code into the recipe,but it doesnt work, any help?
Code:
conversion_options = {
 'authors':'nfzm',}

Last edited by lrui; 08-23-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:43 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You cannot change the author.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #5
lrui
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You cannot change the author.
Why not?
Advert
Old 08-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I have answered that before, at least twice. A bit of googling is in order.