Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I see few in everyday life, but on my recent holidays I've seen LOTS, mainly owned by people who one certainly wouldn't regard as those who would naturally gravitate towards gadgets. They're almost all Kindles.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #17
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
people like colors. Colors make text much more palatable.

<<scary text>>
My eyes!

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #18
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Not counting mine, zero.
I leave for work between 5:00 AM and 6:00 AM everyday. I get in my car, open the garage, drive one mile, get out in front of my store and start working. I am lucky if I see a car on the way to work.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #19
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
None. That's most probably because I'm going to work by bike.

I've seen people doing a lot of things on their bikes: chatting, eating, having a bottle of beer, talking on their mobile phones, typing a message on their mobile phones, smoking, rolling a cigarette... But I've never seen anyone with an eReader yet!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #20
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
It varies a lot, but I generally see 5-10 in any given day (mostly Kindles), I also see maybe 5 or so tablets (mostly iPads of course), and more people using their phones for something.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #21
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
How many do you think you will find in a week? I would guess probably fifteen in a week. Any of them on the way in, I am lucky if I see any on the way in, at that hour of the morning people are typically walking zombies who are lucky to figure out where the door on the bus is let alone read something.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #22
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
In the last year, about, I have only seen 3. A K Fire a child was playing games on, and two KK's that were used for reading. I mostly see everyone focused on iPhones or iPods.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #23
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Not counting mine, zero.
I leave for work between 5:00 AM and 6:00 AM everyday. I get in my car, open the garage, drive one mile, get out in front of my store and start working. I am lucky if I see a car on the way to work.
Apache
My zero is for similar reasons. My days only ever involve a handful of people—the same handful of people. None of which own ereaders.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #24
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
A lot. I don't know, 6 or 8 today? And more or less every day
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #25
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
My zero is for similar reasons. My days only ever involve a handful of people—the same handful of people. None of which own ereaders.
My wife is the only one I work with who has an ereader and she does not bring it to work. I bring mine everywhere.
Apache
Old 09-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #26
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Well my commute to work generally consists of walking from my kitchen to my desk so the only ebook readers I see are those listed to the left. Mine. I live in a small rural town and it is not that often that I see people reading books at all, and among those only occasionally the very few in my community that own ebook readers. I would estimate no more than 4-5 individuals tops, and all Kindles.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #27
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
On a recent road trip I pulled out my Kindle or Nook every time I stopped at a restaurant or coffee bar over a 2-3 week period. Almost every time the server asked me what I was reading and then told me about their ereaders and what they were reading. Never have I experienced so many friendly, chatty servers in such a short time. On this trip I never saw another person with an ereader so it was as though I and the waitstaff formed our own little literary society. (I was in Montana, Idaho, Utah, and Colorado where obviously among the best-read waiters in the world reside.)
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:12 AM   #28
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
I don't do a daily commute as I am retired but my last trip to the UK from Spain I would say that probably 30% were using tablets / phones / eReaders and this was on a budget airline. In the row of seats in front and behind us of the 9 people 7 were using electronic devices for gaming or reading. The Kindle and the iPad seemed to be the most popular from what I noticed.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:50 AM   #29
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
When I ride the bus I will occasionally see an iPad user, never quite sure if they are reading or doing something else, have never seen anyone with an eReader. On short haul flights (intra-European) I have ancountered one or two Kindle users. But on long haul flights (to Asia) there is usually one in every five rows or so. I guess people are more inclined to bring it along when they know they are going to be sitting for a long while.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:33 AM   #30
Apache
Readaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
When I ride the bus I will occasionally see an iPad user, never quite sure if they are reading or doing something else, have never seen anyone with an eReader. On short haul flights (intra-European) I have ancountered one or two Kindle users. But on long haul flights (to Asia) there is usually one in every five rows or so. I guess people are more inclined to bring it along when they know they are going to be sitting for a long while.
Mine goes everywhere with me and I do mean everywhere.
Apache