Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 10:53 PM   #1
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
Several Extremely Wide Columns

I finally got around to updating my Calibre tonight by installing 0.7.2, and now the title, author and tags column are extremely wide, and the tags column also has no heading. I searched several pages of posts on this sub-forum and didn't see this question posted, so hopefully I haven't overlooked a previous post.

I'm not concerned about the lack of heading for the tags column, but the extreme width of the columns is a bit of a problem. Is there a way I can set the column width so that I don't have to do so much horizontal scrolling?

I tried to make the "title" column narrower by editing some of the very long titles, but that made no difference. I didn't see any books with numerous authors listed that would cause that column to be so wide.

I haven't had this problem with any prior version of Calibre, so perhaps it is a new and temporary bug. I may go back to my prior version until it's fixed, as obviously I'd rather see as much information on the screen as possible, not just the title or just the author.

Thanks in advance for any information you may be able to provide.

Steve K.
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:59 PM   #2
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Put your mouse between the column headers, and you should be able to grab and resize the columns.

cap
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2010, 11:14 PM   #3
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
Thanks, Cap. That worked for some of the columns, but the title and author columns were each exactly the width of the main screen, so I couldn't find the line to drag.

However, I fixed the problem by selecting the "Restore Default Layout" option after right clicking in the column headings area. Problem solved!

Thanks again.

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote