Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
New ebook library software

Just started up the library software and got a message about a new version. From the website:

Quote:
eBook Library Software for the Sony® Reader (New Version 3.0.01) This utility installs eBook Library software version 3.0.01, and provides the following benefits:

Adds support for the Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system
Note: If eBook Library software version 3.0 has been installed on a computer using Windows 7 operating system, it is necessary to uninstall version 3.0 using Windows Control Panel, and then to install version 3.0.01. The eBook Store Library content and account settings are not removed by uninstalling the software.
Resolves an issue where transferring content to the Reader using eBook Library version 3.0 may cause the Reader to stop responding
Resolves an issue where transferring content to the Reader may cause a device detection error
Notes:

Use of the companion eBook Store is based on the user's place of residence, user must be 13 years of age or older, and requires an Internet connection (broadband recommended) which may require a fee. Certain titles may not be available for download based on location.
Any existing Library content and eBook store registration and functionality will be automatically migrated to eBook Library 3.0.01.
Using the PRS-500 with Windows 7 operating system or 64-bit versions of Windows Vista operating system will require a firmware update for the PRS-500.
Note: To be notified when the update is available please email us at feedback@ebookstore.sony.com with "PRS-500 Update" in the subject line.
Using the eBook Library software with 64-bit versions of Windows® XP operating system is not supported.
I'm not going to upgrade right away since I don't have any issues.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:16 PM   #2
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
That seems an ok bet. All I've noticed with the new software is that it seems slower. No new or revised user features that I could find.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I updated and with no problems.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote