Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #16
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Diva
Agreed, but what's easier is not always feasible. Seems that in this case, installing Calibre would involve wiping a Chomebook and install a Linux on it. Rather an extreme solution just for installing the GUI version of a software that will mainly be used on a server...
aleyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #17
greene48
greene48 began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 (2013)
I may install the gui at some point if needed, but at the moment I have a program/scripts set up to automatically move my books to the correct location, apply covers/metadata, and update the calibre-server library. I can then access my books on my phone/tablet using Aldiko.

So no GUI needed for now.
greene48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2013, 01:09 AM   #18
dioxide
popsicle cannibal
dioxide began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The calibre gui is only an interface between the user and the cli tools. In other words, anything that the gui can do, the cli tools can do.

Also, perhaps you would benefit from installing the xwindows platform on your headless server, it doesn't actually need a video card and monitor to run. You can use VNC to access the servers xwin desktop from your chromebook. Don't even need extra software, the vnc server on the headless machine will start its own web server, providing you with a java vnc client ready to go.
dioxide is offline   Reply With Quote