Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-18-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
dadusek2180
dadusek2180 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Calibre Conversion problem from Kindle to Nook Color

I downloaded Calibre to my home computer. Pulled kindle books from zip file on a CD. When I tryed to send the books to the Nook:

Send to Device
Auto convert the following before uploading to the device.

Yes

Warning: No suitable formats
Could not upload the following books to the device as no suitable formats are found. Convert the book to a format supported by your device.

Okay

Failed: convert book

Now I am very new to this and I am sure I have done something wrong. Just don't know what and where to go.

Please help

Thank you
dadusek2180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
What was the source of the kindle books? If they are DRM protected then Calibre will not be able to convert them into a format that is usable on the Nook.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
If you purchased the Kindle books from Amazon then there is a very high likelihood that they are DRM restricted. As itimpi said calibre is unable to convert DRM protected files.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, failed convert, kindle, nook color