Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 04-24-2007, 11:51 AM   #61
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Sounds like a plan, Gravitas.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:01 PM   #62
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
ok, I'm going to make a start on The Pioneers - wikipedia recommends the leatherstocking series be read in the order they were published, not the order in which the story takes place, so looks like that's first.
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #63
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I've poked around some more, and I'm not finding much that's any more complete than the Gutenberg texts, and Manybooks.net will output an LRF for you on the fly. I'm not really in a position at the moment to go re-scanning them from scratch, and I'm a bit reluctant to duplicate Manybooks' effort unless I can find something more than just cover art to add to the mix.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:26 PM   #64
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I have found the other two novels by J.F. Cooper I have read:
The Pilot (1824)
The Spy (1821)
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:09 PM   #65
Gravitas
Muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
I've poked around some more, and I'm not finding much that's any more complete than the Gutenberg texts, and Manybooks.net will output an LRF for you on the fly. I'm not really in a position at the moment to go re-scanning them from scratch, and I'm a bit reluctant to duplicate Manybooks' effort unless I can find something more than just cover art to add to the mix.
hmm, didn't realise that manybooks.net would do that (not visited there yet).

I've almost done The Pioneers, but all that's really different to the PG texts is the TOC, cover art, and I re-formatted the quotation at the start of each chapter. So may not be worth doing any of the others.

I have a problem with BD - when I click on the Make ebooks button I get the list of formats, but when I click on the Sony Reader (lrf) button nothing happens. Same when I click the make sony reader file button. Nothing happens, no dialog boxes or anything. All the other formats seem to work ok, just not the Sony Reader format. Also when I double click on a picture to resize it, nothing happens either.

I'm running windows XP Pro with 2Gb RAM. The date the book designer exe was created was 12th april 2007 if that's any help?
Advert
Old 04-24-2007, 03:13 PM   #66
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Having read them all in my younger years and a few of them again as part of an American Lit course in college, you may find a certain sameness in all of them akin to the formula approach found in many (if not most) of the pulp fiction of the 20th century. Perhaps the Russian translator improved them.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:48 PM   #67
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
Having read them all in my younger years and a few of them again as part of an American Lit course in college, you may find a certain sameness in all of them akin to the formula approach found in many (if not most) of the pulp fiction of the 20th century. Perhaps the Russian translator improved them.
Do you mean thay are not that interesting at all?
I read them when I was very young and I liked adventure a lot. Quite possible that if I read it now I would not be able to get through 1/3 of them Maybe you are right and russian translation was improved a bit. Who knows? They were more or less free to do it long time ago.

Last edited by astra; 04-25-2007 at 04:21 AM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:49 AM   #68
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas
I have a problem with BD - when I click on the Make ebooks button I get the list of formats, but when I click on the Sony Reader (lrf) button nothing happens. Same when I click the make sony reader file button. Nothing happens, no dialog boxes or anything. All the other formats seem to work ok, just not the Sony Reader format. Also when I double click on a picture to resize it, nothing happens either.

I'm running windows XP Pro with 2Gb RAM. The date the book designer exe was created was 12th april 2007 if that's any help?
Sounds like you've not installed BD properly. What you need to do is FIRST run the BD 4 installer, which has a proper installation program. Once you've done that, extract the latest BD update to a folder, and then copy that folder over the BD 4 installation folder, overwriting all the files.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:02 AM   #69
Gravitas
Muppet

/D'oh!
Old 04-25-2007, 08:12 AM   #70
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not at all - it's far from obvious!
Old 05-04-2007, 05:43 AM   #71
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'll continue to work on Talbot Mundy because...

...I really enjoy his writings.

note: Added Version 2 to The Devil's Guard.

Question: Is there a way for browsers to see that a new version has gone up? (Inside one's thread you can change the header, but nothing showed on the original thread to indicate that a fixed version had been added.)

Is there a way for us to delete older versions from our threads? Or to make requests for older versions to be deleted, thus not clogging up space?)

Thanks all. This is really time-intensive work, but it's a labor of love.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:40 AM   #72
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

When you edit a post, there's a "manage attachments" button. That allows you both to upload new files, and to remove attachments which are already there.

If you add a new post to the end of the upload thread, that will push it to the top of the thread list, so people can see that there's something been added to it.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:07 PM   #73
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I can upload Pilgrim's Progress (PART ONE ONLY) right now...

...if someone wants it.

It's ready to go. Let me know if someone wants this. The only reason I'm hesitant is that I don't have PART TWO.

Please let me know, and I'll do it instantly.

Thanks,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:54 PM   #74
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I have the html files for 17 Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit series of books that my wife loves. I am leaning toward an omnibus version as each book is quite small even with the illustrations in them.

Any suggestions or comments?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:41 PM   #75
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
I have the html files for 17 Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit series of books that my wife loves. I am leaning toward an omnibus version as each book is quite small even with the illustrations in them.

Any suggestions or comments?
Go for it!

Jon
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote