Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-26-2007, 09:48 AM   #61
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
I thought I noticed a difference in speed when I was checking out the font on the reader.....
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:03 AM   #62
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

You know since we can change the books in bookreader pretty much to any size font we want I went looking to see if there was any files which the reader had the books on your computer on at the time that you could open up in bookdesigner and then enlarge the font...... bummer, at least I didn't see anything...... so if these books are lrf where the heck are the books installed or is that stricktly on the reader? no way to find them....... sure would be nice to make some of these purchases BIGGER! But I guess if this was possible we all would have heard about it by now. ;(
Advert
Old 03-26-2007, 10:08 AM   #63
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
BD will only write LRF files; unfortunately it won't read them, so the only way to edit a book is either in the original source, or in the HTML file that BD creates when it converts the book to its own format. There's no way to edit LRF files in BD, to the best of my knowledge.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:10 AM   #64
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The more I use BD, the more impressed I am with it - this is one seriously good program!

I'm now in the middle of creating an LRF "Complete Sherlock Holmes" from the HTML version on the PG Australia site; it really only "works" in BD because you can create a TOC; such a long book is almost useless without a TOC.

I'll be happy to share it with anyone else who's interested when it's finished!
Old 03-26-2007, 10:13 AM   #65
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
What we get from the CONNECT store are in LRX format which has DRM. BookDesigner creates LRS files and these are then converted to LRF for loading into the Reader.

My best guess is that they are LRS = Librie Reader Source, LRF = Librie Reader Format, and LRX = Librie Reader Xasperating.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2007, 10:16 AM   #66
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Harry, count me in for a copy when you're finished. I have converted a few short stories so far from Last Bow but have not even acquired the whole series.

I just finished converting 7 Pillars of Wisdom by TE Lawrence. Copies are available in LRF.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:26 AM   #67
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
Harry, count me in for a copy when you're finished.
Me too! Me too! I used to be a BIG fan of Sherlock Holmes. At the moment I am contemplating buying a special illustrated edition of Sherlock Holmes. It costs £20 and it is HUGE. Just to have one for my home collection.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:35 AM   #68
RWood
Technogeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat
Me too! Me too! I used to be a BIG fan of Sherlock Holmes. At the moment I am contemplating buying a special illustrated edition of Sherlock Holmes. It costs £20 and it is HUGE. Just to have one for my home collection.
One of the books that survived in grand style from the cleaning (my thread called "Tipping Point") that is still going on is the two volume hardbound set of Sherlock Holmes.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:50 AM   #69
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
One of the books that survived in grand style from the cleaning (my thread called "Tipping Point") that is still going on is the two volume hardbound set of Sherlock Holmes.
Is that the Leslie Klinger "Annotated SH"? Wonderful set! Vol 3 is available now, with the four novels in it.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:07 PM   #70
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Ugggg, just finished my book and went and checked the new book with my changing the font to comic sans..... needless to say you are correct in that it takes forever to turn that page so I just formated two books with one of the readers default fonts............
Old 03-27-2007, 03:18 PM   #71
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
BD will only write LRF files; unfortunately it won't read them, so the only way to edit a book is either in the original source, or in the HTML file that BD creates when it converts the book to its own format. There's no way to edit LRF files in BD, to the best of my knowledge.
If you are preparing carefully some big book and are going to edit it during a long time, it is recommended to keep intermediate versions in BD format (Ctrl+F11).
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:24 PM   #72
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
I don't have a sony reader button
Configuration -> Toolbar -> default
Old 03-27-2007, 03:30 PM   #73
vvv
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
how to make it not treat the list of previously published books as chapter titles.
Select them (double-click on the first, then shift+click on the last), then
right-click -> more transformations -> selected elements -> paragraphs.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:36 PM   #74
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Yeah, I got that far, vvv, but I also wanted them centered. I've since found the 'Center' option under Format -> More Transformations-> Align: Center

Sorry, should've followed up on that before now, thanks for the tip.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:37 PM   #75
vvv
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
I do have the update, have the sony reader button on the top toolbar...... I removed the old one and installed from scratch again....... So this time I was able to do it with one book, all the rest it's only doing 27 pages or so.
There is a known bug (or feature) of the Connect soft: sometimes it cuts off lrf's. Try to load your book directly to the card.

Tags
bookdesigner