Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-02-2010, 09:08 AM   #1
Jonimeesermann
Connoisseur
Jonimeesermann began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia e71, Ipod Touch, Sony PRS 300
Calibre: TypeError:expected string or buffer

So, I've just had upgraded to Calibre's recent 0.7.21 version. In previous version I set up some custom column, and had no problem so far.

But after upgraded, when I tried to click one of my book which is in custom column it show error:

Code:
ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:expected string or buffer

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/library/models.py", line 366, in current_changed
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/library/models.py", line 342, in get_book_display_info
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/metadata/book/base.py", line 451, in format_field
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/metadata/book/base.py", line 477, in format_field_extended
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/utils/date.py", line 148, in format_date
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/re.py", line 151, in sub
    return _compile(pattern, 0).sub(repl, string, count)
TypeError: expected string or buffer

Basically it kind of prevent me to see the book in booklist view (although I still can the metadata).
If anyone can explain why this is happened, much appreciated.
Jonimeesermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:18 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Check the format section of that custom column to be sure that it contains only characters. To check the format, right-click on a column header, choose 'Add you own columns', select the date column, and press the circle-I button.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
Jonimeesermann
Connoisseur

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean it's the heading column? Anyway I insert screenshot from my column setting:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-2.png
Views:	494
Size:	315.5 KB
ID:	59200

Last edited by Jonimeesermann; 10-02-2010 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Edit screenshot
Old 10-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thanks. Found it.

As a work-around, put something in the 'Format for dates' box. Put the default in if that is what you want.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:40 AM   #5
Jonimeesermann
Connoisseur

Ok, i've tried your advise, and it works well.

Thank you
Advert