Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
Russellsstudent
Russellsstudent began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sigil "Split " issues

Does Sigil restrict the number of lines within a split? I am trying to convert a book that has no chapter breaks. All goes well until the conversion from epub to mobi. Sigil "splits" the text after one sentence in the middle of a paragraph, then continues on the next "page in the mobi, leaving a huge blank space. There is no indication in the lines of code in either the html nor the word document that this space should be here. This blank space is not in the prc version either. What am I doing wrong?
Russellsstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Sigil does not split automatically. You must place either a splimarker or do it manually. So, by default this is a human error.
Each XHTML file will start on a new page.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellsstudent View Post
Does Sigil restrict the number of lines within a split? I am trying to convert a book that has no chapter breaks. All goes well until the conversion from epub to mobi. Sigil "splits" the text after one sentence in the middle of a paragraph, then continues on the next "page in the mobi, leaving a huge blank space. There is no indication in the lines of code in either the html nor the word document that this space should be here. This blank space is not in the prc version either. What am I doing wrong?
Your conversion software has the limits.
And/or Reading software has limits.
For ADE on older mobile devices:260K is the number most cited.

There are many other (code) reasons for gaps and breaks that don't show in Sigil's BV

Check you EPUB on another device/reading software, then convert
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What I do is place the cursor at the end of the last line of the last paragraph where I want the split and I split there.

When you got to split, it splits at the cursor point. Whatever is in front of the cursor and whatever is behind the cursor is the split point.

So if you have ABCDEFG and the cursor is between D and E, when you split, you would have ABCD in one file and EFG in the other.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #5
Russellsstudent
Russellsstudent began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks! You pointed me in the right direction and problem solved!
Russellsstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert