Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #196
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Darn! I should have not gone to B&N last night...though I had to becuase of my book club (see I was tempted beyond my ability to resist). While I was waiting I came across a book I'd been waiting for. Of course when I came home I had to buy & download it.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #197
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've just found out that the Hornblower novels are available in nice omnibus versions in the Uk Kindle store. But I can resist. It's not like I haven't read them all already. Mind you, I suppose that means they wouldn't have to go on my TBR pile...
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #198
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
I LOVE food related novels. Can we just keep this addiction thread going forever? Because this is awesome.
I've got a great recommendation for you...

The Hannah Swensen series. It's a series of murder mysteries. And it has recipes too.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/f/joanne-fluke/

Quote:
Spunky Hannah Swensen is Lake Eden Minnesota's resident bakery owner - and amateur slueth! Somehow, in between baking delicious cookies, dealing with her family, and caring for a needy cat, Hannah keeps finding herself in the middle of murder mysteries. Armed with a talent for finding dead bodies and a nose for justice, Hannah sets out to set things right and restore order in her beloved hometown, time and time again. And, she does it all while still baking the best cookies around.

This delightful mystery novel series by Joanne Fluke serves up sweet suspense, along with recipes for Hannah's delectable desserts! You won't be able to get through one mystery without trying out one of the mouth-watering recipes for yourself!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:16 PM   #199
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
But, but... The PRS-350SC was my first ever e-ink reader.... and... and... uhm... I need two so I can keep one at home and one in my purse so I don't forget to carry it with me... and... and...
So what do you do when the book you really want to read is on the other reader and not the one you have with you when you are not at home?
Old 06-14-2011, 12:46 PM   #200
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

With the recent 20% off coupon at Kobo and the fact that I have some Borders gift card money left, I bought an eBook at Kobo. Now I didn't go buying one just to buy one. I bought one I wanted and it isn't an agency eBook. So it's a win-win.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #201
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I am Joy and I am an ebook addict.

I can no more resist an interesting-sounding free or cheap (99 cents! practically free!) ebook than I can resist breathing. Neither can I resist full-price books if they sound enticing enough (good author/reviews).

I have about 900 books on my nook (or archived). Probably 1/3 of them are unread as of yet.

My husband says I need to stop reading and talk to him sometime.
He'll thank you for reading if you ever stop and talk to him.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #202
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've got a great recommendation for you...

The Hannah Swensen series. It's a series of murder mysteries. And it has recipes too.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/f/joanne-fluke/
Ana, as this is a support group for ebook-buying-junkies and no "oh-you-gotta-get-this,too" group for the rich and reckless, I am happy to save your soul and let you know there are lots of books of this series at the free Singapore Library

JSWolf, you have to learn to better behave at our meetings! Seriously!

Pdurrant, is there a thing as a groupbeating for bad behaviour like this? If not, I herewith officially ask for voting/poll
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #203
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
i registered at the singapore library but my access is restricted
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #204
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
HÄH??? What do you mean by restricted?

Anyway, JSWolf, you owe me! I was so agitated I had to buy an ebook! 99cents, but nonetheless
Old 06-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #205
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
My name is Pippa and I am only here because my family has forced me to come. They think I have a problem, but the problem actually lies with them.

My husband sometimes hides the router or my credit card so I can't buy ebooks, my 8 year old complains that there is no food in the cupboard, my 11 year old complains because I don't pick him up from soccer practice, my mother complains because I haven't rung her in over a week. Surely they are being unreasonable. It's not my fault that ebooks are so cheap or even free, that I can carry hundreds of books wherever I go, or that I get distracted whilst in the middle of a good book.

Anyway, I doubt I'll be back for a meeting as there is nothing wrong with me, I'm sorry that all of you are having to meet like this and I wish you luck in your recovery.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #206
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBoo...ible_Libraries

Did you try Foreigner without FIN?
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #207
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
My name is Pippa and I am only here because my family has forced me to come. They think I have a problem, but the problem actually lies with them.

My husband sometimes hides the router or my credit card so I can't buy ebooks, my 8 year old complains that there is no food in the cupboard, my 11 year old complains because I don't pick him up from soccer practice, my mother complains because I haven't rung her in over a week. Surely they are being unreasonable. It's not my fault that ebooks are so cheap or even free, that I can carry hundreds of books wherever I go, or that I get distracted whilst in the middle of a good book.

Anyway, I doubt I'll be back for a meeting as there is nothing wrong with me, I'm sorry that all of you are having to meet like this and I wish you luck in your recovery.
You sound perfectly normal to me! No problems that I can see.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #208
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Would a pbook buyer also be welcome here? Since geographic restrictions have pretty much put a huge damper on my ebook purchasing I've resorted to pbook acquisition on a massive scale. Case in point - my latest book haul.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:36 PM   #209
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Would a pbook buyer also be welcome here? Since geographic restrictions have pretty much put a huge damper on my ebook purchasing I've resorted to pbook acquisition on a massive scale. Case in point - my latest book haul.
Psst, over here *whispermode* There are ways to circumvent the georestrictions... would you like to meet me later at a bar and I tell you everything about it? We are not supposed to discuss those things during meetings.

*loud*

Hi there! Welcome! If it is a really bad habit, you should join us, regardless of your prefered poison
Old 06-14-2011, 04:41 PM   #210
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I've commented above that pbook addictions have self-limiting features — storage space for one.

However, I'm reluctant to turn away someone in need. Make a pledge, and we'll support you when you're tempted.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote