Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-02-2010, 08:33 AM   #1
Joseph Mitchell
Enthusiast
Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PC, other
Shard Mountain - a post-apocalypse fantasy

Greetings, mobilereaders! I've written a novel that I think would appeal to many of you tech-gizmo junkies, since high-tech gizmos are a big part of my story, and it's main protagonist would probably be a big fan of this website. Here's what it's about:

Shard Mountain by Joseph Mitchell - Sci-fi / Fantasy

Charles Rogers, a young computer geek, thought he was going to prison, but an unexpected bus accident changes his life forever. He wakes up more than five-hundred years later in a dark metal tomb, where an artificially intelligent hologram informs him that he's now the property of the Synaptech corporation, and that technically, he's no longer a human being.

This begins Charles' quest to discover what happened to him during his long sleep, as he learns to cope with life in a new world. The ancient cities lie in ruins, destroyed by a cataclysmic war while he slept. Civilization is in the process of rebuilding, but life in general has reverted to a more primitive state, similar to life on the frontier in the old west. Charles will need to learn to survive in a world where mutations are common among people and animals, and pieces of fantastic ancient technology lie buried in the ruins, waiting to be reclaimed.

Can Charles adapt to his new life in the future, disconnected from everything and everyone he ever knew? And what about the hologram's warning, that he won't be able to survive for very long away from his sleep pod? Should he believe it, or trust his gut feeling that he's still the same person he always was?

It's been getting some pretty good reviews on amazon that I won't bother to reprint, but you can read them all here if you are interested.

The book is now available for most digital readers from Smashwords, also available for the Kindle, iPad, and dead trees paperback editions.

You can read more about the book at my website, shardmountain.com, where I also posted a gallery of images related to the book.

So, that's my shameless sales pitch. I hope you all will like the book, and invite you to check out the free previews available at smashwords and from my website, shardmountain.com
Joseph Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread Joseph - hopefully it's not a 'fleeting' visit ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Greetings, Joseph, and welcome to MobileRead.

Please look around and feel free to participate in any Forums you find interesting.

Our Posting Guidelines are located at the top of every page.

HAVE FUN!

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
Joseph Mitchell
Enthusiast
Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Thanks for the welcome! 14,000 posts, GeoffC? Wow!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome, Joseph.

I just had to go looking. I loved the youtube videos of the robot chair and the artwork on your site. Wow! Almost 70 hours to render the cover.

I've added your book to my cart at smashwords and really appreciate that you have also published there. We are an international forum of many devices and having the option (at smashwords) of no geographic restrictions, no additional charges, and multiple formats is fantastic.

Thank you.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:41 AM   #6
Joseph Mitchell
Enthusiast

Thanks, Dreams. You are the first person (beside my wife) who ever told me they liked my little robot video. It's really just something I did for fun, but I'm very proud of how it turned out. Computer animation is something I do as a hobby when I'm not busy writing.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:25 PM   #7
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
15,000+ posts, and he's not at the top of the charts.

A lot of us here are more forgiving to the active/semiactive promoters than they are to the hit&runs. We've been here a while and we're mostly friendly, but we get grouchy a lot

That being said, you're also in my cart right now. I'm interested in learning more about the method behind your renders and am going to check out the rest of the stuff you've shared.

Welcome again. Please stick around.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:54 PM   #8
Joseph Mitchell
Enthusiast

I'm still here, and thanks. I used an old version of lightwave, v5.6, to do the renders. It's up to version 9 or 10 now, but I'm still happy using the old program. Digging my heels against progress, I suppose, which is really odd for me, but they just seem to make the program less user friendly with each new version, and I know how to do everything with v5.6 without any manuals. Almost anything I can imagine, I can create, but it probably won't look photoreal like modern programs can output. So it's just a hobby. I used to make fully animated instruction manuals for constructing and installing window screens before I started writing.
Want to see some of the pictures I made using lightwave 5.6?
Here's a link to where I posted some computer modeling pics on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...2&id=645712455
Old 08-20-2010, 12:07 AM   #9
mgrunk
Zealot
mgrunk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Just bought it for the kindle on my android phone. Looking forward to it - I enjoy that genre of SF. I'm going to start it tonight; I'll be happy to post a review when I finish.
mgrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:50 AM   #10
Joseph Mitchell
Enthusiast

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it, and I look forward to reading your review. People who actually post reviews seem to be pretty rare.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:24 AM   #11
M. R. Mathias
Banned
M. R. Mathias has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle k3, PC
"Hey Joe, where you goin with that gun in your hand?" Jimmy hendrix
M. R. Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote