Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 02:26 AM   #451
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattncat View Post
I just finished The Last Hour of Gann, Wow! I forget who first mentioned it, but what a great call. A fantastic read. I am glad I got it.

Thanks.
Is this only available on Amazon? Google is unusually unhelpful.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:36 AM   #452
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Yep it's only there. No other place.
Advert
Old 10-20-2013, 02:41 AM   #453
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Yes, although from what I've read the author is working on making it available elsewhere as well.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:06 AM   #454
Marai
Marai began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Actually you can get it here...

http://www.blushingbooks.com/index.p..._detail&p=2540
Old 10-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #455
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Quote:
I got it from Amazon and ran it through Calibre so I could put it on mt Sony and Nook.
Advert
Old 10-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #456
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
What have you guys bought and read in the past week? I only bought one book (not a romance): Noah's Rainy Day by Sandra Brannan for $0.99

And I completed the following books:

The Last Hour of Gann by R Lee Smith - 5 stars
(What can I say that hasn't been said already? Just get it already and go read! )

Babes in Tinseltown by Sherri Cobb South - 2.5 stars
(This has a nice vintage feel but is very light/fluffy with an unsatisfying mystery)

The Convenient Marriage by Georgette Heyer - 3.5 stars
(I liked this but most of my enjoyment was when the irritating heroine was off-page)

Fortune's Fool by Jane Sevier - 2.5 stars
Old 10-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #457
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
What have you guys bought and read in the past week? I only bought one book (not a romance): Noah's Rainy Day by Sandra Brannan for $0.99

And I completed the following books:

The Last Hour of Gann by R Lee Smith - 5 stars
(What can I say that hasn't been said already? Just get it already and go read! )

Babes in Tinseltown by Sherri Cobb South - 2.5 stars
(This has a nice vintage feel but is very light/fluffy with an unsatisfying mystery)

The Convenient Marriage by Georgette Heyer - 3.5 stars
(I liked this but most of my enjoyment was when the irritating heroine was off-page)

Fortune's Fool by Jane Sevier - 2.5 stars
Loosheesh, gosh woman, you're doing so well on your purchases, and for the past month or more. I wish I could say the same, but I keep trying! I put "The Last Hour of Gann" on my wishlist, it doesn't truly sound like my thing, but I do like reading different things and you guys have all recommended it so highly.

I stayed within budget again, so that's something!? Right???

Purchases: Click image for larger version

Name:	Books 2013 10 20.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	113709
Book Buys this week: 14 books, $15
Stir Me Up – Sabrina Elkins
Craving Constellations – Nicole Jacquelyn
Ricochet – Krista Ritchie
Rock Her – Rachel Cross
Very Bad Things - Ilsa Madden-Mills
The Wager – Rachel Van Dyken
Sweet [True #2] – Erin McCarthy
Consumed – Skyla Madi
Saving Dallas – Kim Jones
Sweet Surrendering – Chelsea M. Cameron
Silver Heart – Victoria Green
Shattered Ink – Laura Wright
Heaven’s Sinners – Bella Jewel
Hell’s Knights – Bella Jewel

BTW the Bella Jewel books are both on sale today for $.99 for anyone who's interested [MC].

Books Read this week and my rating:
Addicted to You - Krista Ritchie = 5
Ricochet – Krista Ritchie = 5
Seize Me – Crystal Spears = 4
Sweet Surrendering – Chelsea M. Cameron = 3.5-4
Saving Dallas – Kim Jones = 2.5 - 3
Diamond Girl – Andrea Smith = 4
Reaper’s Property – Joanna Wylde = oops, currently reading
Poughkeepsie – Debra Anastasia = 2.5 [Blossom, you asked me to let you know about this one. IMO it started out great, then about ¼ through it seemed to start falling apart with too many storylines, then got drawn out. I skimmed the last half of the book, though she does write beautifully]

Last edited by Blue2u; 10-20-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #458
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Did good this week, lots of freebies but only 3 purchases (next week will be a different story )
  • Friends to Lovers (Aisle Bound #3) by Christi Barth
  • Baiting the Boss by Coleen Kwan
  • Everything You Need to Know by HelenKay Dimon

Did not read much this week at all Read:
  • Immortal Heart by Julie Miller (B-/3 stars)
  • A Wedding Story by Dee Tenorio (C+/3 stars)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 10-20 vault.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	113714   Click image for larger version

Name:	books 10-20.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	113715  
Old 10-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #459
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattncat View Post
I got it from Amazon and ran it through Calibre so I could put it on mt Sony and Nook.
On principle I refuse to pay Amazon for books until they realize that DRM is evil and should not be used. Even though I know how to remove it, not paying for it is the only statement they will ever notice or understand.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #460
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Swamped this week so didn't read much. Here is my weekly list:

Bought
Lily Graison Willow Creek series 2-4
The Last Highwayman....Katherine O'Neal
Dangerous Attraction Romantic Suspense....pre order

Read
Guardian Angel....Julie Garwood....4

Free
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E1M6LCE/
Old 10-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #461
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Only spent $5.06 this week on 4 books.

I've been otherwise occupied all week so only read 2 books. I haven't even started to play the Kobo game yet.

- An Act of Persuasion - Stephanie Doyle - 3 (disappointing, I really liked her 2 previous books)
- Originally Human - Eileen Wilks - 3.5 (good rating from me for a novella)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10-20.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	113730  
Old 10-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #462
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I only bought two this week...

The Wager by Rachel Van Dyken
Tie Me by Olivia Cunnings (I had no plans to buy this one, but dang it, there's actual plot in there!)

Read... Tie Me. lol
What the Paparazzi Didn't See by Nicola Marsh... 3.5
Something About You by Julie James... 3.5
(fyi, 3 for me is a perfectly good romance)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I've been otherwise occupied all week so only read 2 books. I haven't even started to play the Kobo game yet.
indeed! lol
Old 10-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #463
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Everyone's been so good this week, except me I fell off the wagon this week...mostly cause I JUST HAD to take one last trip to Mexico before the time expired

So, here's the damage - 20 books, 43.41 total = 2.17 ave
  • No Strings Attached - Angell, Kate - 3.69
  • Protecting What's His - Bailey, Tessa - 1.75
  • His Risk to Take - Bailey, Tessa - 0.99
  • Texas Danger - Brashear, Jean - 1.99
  • Texas Roots - Brashear, Jean - 1.99
  • Texas Wild - Brashear, Jean - 1.99
  • Stand-In Groom - Brockmann, Suzanne - 2.13
  • Kiss and Tell - Brockmann, Suzanne - 2.89
  • The Kissing Game - Brockmann, Suzanne - 2.89
  • Otherwise Engaged - Brockmann, Suzanne - 2.89
  • Cardwell Ranch Anthology - Daniels, B.J. - 0.99
  • Any Duchess Will Do - Dare, Tessa - 2.49
  • Backfield in Motion - Davenport, Jami - 1.99
  • Hot Mess - Harris, Lynn Raye - 0.49
  • Yours For The Taking - Kaye, Robin - 3.29
  • A Little Bit of Déjá Vu - Kellogg, Laurie - 2.79
  • The Seduction of Lady Phoebe - Quinn, Ella - 0.99
  • I’ll Be Your Drill, Soldier - Rose, Crystal - 3.99
  • Rescue My Heart - Shalvis, Jill - 2.13
  • The Wager - Van Dyken, Rachel - 1.06

Read:
  • No Words - Adams, R. N. - 3
  • Never Seduce a Scot - Banks, Maya - 4
  • Highlander Most Wanted - Banks, Maya - 4
  • Aftershocks - Cayne, Kristine - 4
  • Under His Command - Cayne, Kristine - 4
  • Everything Bared - Cayne, Kristine - 4
  • Backstage Pass - Cunning, Olivia - 4.5
  • Kiss the Cook - D’Alessandro, Jacquie - 3.5
  • I’ll Be Your Drill, Soldier - Rose, Crystal - 4.5 -- I am not a m/m reader but this was awesome! Don't be fooled by the cheesy title.
  • Breaking the Rules - Weber, Tawny - 3.5
Old 10-20-2013, 09:41 PM   #464
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
On principle I refuse to pay Amazon for books until they realize that DRM is evil and should not be used. Even though I know how to remove it, not paying for it is the only statement they will ever notice or understand.
So do you buy books from B&N, Sony, Google, Kobo, Diesel, etc.? They all sell DRM'd books, same as Amazon, just curious.

BTW, it's the publishers you need to convince, not the retailers. Unless you're talking about a title published by Amazon. The retailers are guilty, if you want to use that word, of offering DRM, but they have to if they want to be able to sell books from the major publishers.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #465
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
So do you buy books from B&N, Sony, Google, Kobo, Diesel, etc.? They all sell DRM'd books, same as Amazon, just curious.

BTW, it's the publishers you need to convince, not the retailers. Unless you're talking about a title published by Amazon. The retailers are guilty, if you want to use that word, of offering DRM, but they have to if they want to be able to sell books from the major publishers.
And just to add on most KDP books are DRM Free! Amazon does not choose the DRM the publisher does, by default there is no DRM on books the publisher must choose that option.
Closed Thread