Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #46
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
And as I said I have a Galaxy SIII and it's worthless for reading outdoors. Eink is the only thing that works well for that and that's why (to bring us back on topic) the Eink Ereaders Death is not in any near future scenario.
I think we're discussing about the reasons why the market is stagnating. Talking about a 'death' is premature.
Outoor reading requires e-ink, but its' something lots of us do mostly on holidays.

New displays like PaperTab can give the market a shake, if they don't delay too much.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #47
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
Some people complain that the "e-reader movement" (if we can call it this way) is interested only in sell... well... e-readers, and not books.

That's a common criticism.
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #48
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamana View Post
Some people complain that the "e-reader movement" (if we can call it this way) is interested only in sell... well... e-readers, and not books.

That's a common criticism.
I don't understand. You are saying e-reader devices only exist because there was a lot of e-reading people before? If that is what you try to imply, that probably is far from the truth. A lot e-readers have been bought by voracious paper-reading people. The convenience of carrying dozens of books with you in a form-factor that weighs less than mosts books is appealing. Never to run out on the go, or deciding to lug around the current and next book, does not need to be decided no more.

Before e-ink e-readers I never seriously considered e-reading novels, even though I did try to read on a Palm M105. The experience of it and frequent crashes were not for me. Experience first on a PRS-300, then shortly on a Odyssey (until its usb-connector broke off) and now on a PW is much much better.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #49
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I don't understand. You are saying e-reader devices only exist because there was a lot of e-reading people before? If that is what you try to imply, that probably is far from the truth. A lot e-readers have been bought by voracious paper-reading people. The convenience of carrying dozens of books with you in a form-factor that weighs less than mosts books is appealing. Never to run out on the go, or deciding to lug around the current and next book, does not need to be decided no more.

Before e-ink e-readers I never seriously considered e-reading novels, even though I did try to read on a Palm M105. The experience of it and frequent crashes were not for me. Experience first on a PRS-300, then shortly on a Odyssey (until its usb-connector broke off) and now on a PW is much much better.
I agree with you.

My post was just to show one of the arguments that people use when they want to say something against the e-reader culture.

Peace.
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:46 PM   #50
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamana View Post
I agree with you.

My post was just to show one of the arguments that people use when they want to say something against the e-reader culture.

Peace.
Oh, no worries. Was worried for a second that you were hiding your own opinion behind "others have complained". Maybe next time make it more clear that it is an argument from the other side, and that you don't agree with that.

And of course the purpose of e-readers is to sell them and make money. Some sell the device, others sell the device as a storefront for their content.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert