Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 03:59 PM   #31
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOECHICK View Post
Can anyone tell me if your wishlists were still there when you downloaded the new software? Wondering if I should jot down some of the titles before I do anything, I have a pretty long list.

Tx
My wishlist is still intact.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #32
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Can anyone tell me if your wishlists were still there when you downloaded the new software? Wondering if I should jot down some of the titles before I do anything, I have a pretty long list.

Tx
Yes, mine were.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 05:09 PM   #33
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Phew, I can still get into my account and I had to do the two stage login first time. The username/password then first/last name. About half a dozen titles were marked as unavailable.
One benefit was I had 3 computers authorised to my account 2 of which were obsolete and they have been cleared.
I still had to use msconfig to stop the stupid readerlibrary launcher and restore the acsm file association back to Adobe DE. Hasn't Sony thought about asking these permissions during installation like most other program do.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #34
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
Phew, I can still get into my account and I had to do the two stage login first time. The username/password then first/last name. About half a dozen titles were marked as unavailable.
One benefit was I had 3 computers authorised to my account 2 of which were obsolete and they have been cleared.
I still had to use msconfig to stop the stupid readerlibrary launcher and restore the acsm file association back to Adobe DE. Hasn't Sony thought about asking these permissions during installation like most other program do.
We have 2 PC's and 2 readers and I had to think for a while whose First and Last name it was on the account.

During the installation process, I was asked if I wanted all files associated with this file type to open with the Reader Library. It defaulted to 'Y' but I unchecked it and continued.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:49 PM   #35
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
restore the acsm file association back to Adobe DE.
T, Why do you necessarily want it this way?

And how did you do this restore?

Thanks!
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 06:24 PM   #36
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
thanks for the info on the wishlists guys
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #37
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Quote:
thanks for the info on the wishlists guys
I would suggest you search all the books of your wishlist on the new website before updating.
Some of these books may be not available in ePub format...
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:52 PM   #38
Rydertheblack
Þýskaland sonur
Rydertheblack began at the beginning.

Device: PRS900 // prs650
The unavalaible books is because they don't have those contract, because the authors didn't agree with new format, so they said that they will fix it...
Rydertheblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:11 PM   #39
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
Site is down for me. Keeps telling me to check my internet connection. Yeah, right.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:20 PM   #40
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
16 of my 18 books were available, now all are liberated. For other 2 I talked to their support (online chat), was told to check back tomorrow because they are not done with all the conversion. I also think it's because of permissions from authors/publishers, will keep an eye on these 2 books.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #41
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I had the same problem, restarted the computer, opened up the software and had 7 copies of the file I was trying to download.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:05 PM   #42
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
T, Why do you necessarily want it this way?

And how did you do this restore?

Thanks!
Ever since V3 of the reader library it steals the file association of acsm files from Adobe DE and since all of the ebooks I have purchased from WH smiths, Waterstones, BoB and ReadwithoutPaper are downloaded by Adobe DE which I then drag straight onto my PRS505 I would like it to remain this way.
To restore you can change it back in the Folder Options in Windows Explorer by looking for it in the File Types tab.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:17 PM   #43
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
All I could get was a page about a software upgrade is available & when I clicked on the update link I got the page where v3.1 being available for both Windows & MAC; nothing more. As I've tried installing 3.1 a few times, without success, I'm pretty well blocked - for the time being anyway.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:49 PM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Actually, 3.1 did ask about taking over ePub and acsm (during install/upgrade) and I had it not do so.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:50 PM   #45
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Some of the unavailable books is due to the ePub being from a different publisher.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote