Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-13-2009, 12:30 AM   #1
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
What Color???

Hello

I am ordering the sony prs505 on Friday and I thought I knew which color I wanted (silver) because it would go with any of the covers and look nice......but I just read a review which said that the blue color was the best choice to go with because it made the text look cleaner and easier to read...........what do you guys think????? Have you noticed any difference in readability based on the color of the reader???? And how dark a blue is it??? Is it very close to black??
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:14 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I went with the blue, seemed easier to read
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2009, 01:25 AM   #3
InlawBiker
Connoisseur
InlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1.0
I think it makes no difference whatsoever. Pick the one you like the most. 99.9% of your focus will be on the book.
InlawBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:35 AM   #4
snape
Language Lover
snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.

Device: Current: PRS-350, Kindle PW // Previous: PRS-505, Kindle 1, Kindle 2
The choice is clear - join the BOoBs!
snape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:05 AM   #5
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
The silver is the best because it makes you even smarter than you already are!

Seriously, I don't think it matters in terms of sharpness of text. You can also put a skin on your 505 to change it.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2009, 02:42 AM   #6
Kirari
Obsessed
Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Red Sony PRS-505
RED!
Kirari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:56 AM   #7
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
There really is no question here. Silver is the only color to choose. (The Lone Ranger didn't call his horse 'Blue,' did he? No.) People with silver e-book readers get better service in supermarkets, have nicer weather, and always know what day of the week it is. Usually.

My Sony is silver. I would never even consider having a blue one, much less a red one. Unless I had a blue or red one. Then I'd consider it. But ONLY then. I'm not even sure why Sony made colors other than silver? What were they thinking?!? Now... if they made one in Robin's Egg Blue I might be tempted.... Nah.... Silver.

It really doesn't matter for the clarity or contrast with the typography. It all has to do with not clashing with my shoes. Silver goes well with everything. Except gold, that is, but I don't have any gold shoes so no problem!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:02 AM   #8
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
SILVER all the way!! HI-HO SILVER!

<--I am a little blue with envy.... shhhh.. don't tell
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:52 AM   #9
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Aaarghh, I'm stuck in a recursive loop
Everyone knows that Blue is best
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:26 AM   #10
beledi
beledi is on a distinguished road

Device: sony 505
Red is for the adventureous!
beledi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:50 AM   #11
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
they make skins for the readers?
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #12
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemisblossom View Post
Yes! There is a disscussion on this thread about decalgirl skins.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40628
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemisblossom View Post
http://www.decalgirl.com/

outstanding products.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #14
Stacey34
Connoisseur
Stacey34 doesn't litterStacey34 doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505 (Red)
Red of course!
Stacey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #15
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I love my blue, but I also love the red, and my mom loves her silver

I have a pretty cloth cover I bought on etsy to give it some oomph
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote