Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #76
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Zelda - you're a genius! You have just provided me with the missing reason for the next story

And to think I was actually just going to answer your questions with a short an answer as possible
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #77
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
ha, so the serial will continue !! brilliant news !! glad i could help. (what exactly did i do, again ?)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2009, 09:12 PM   #78
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
I'll admit that I've only read the last few posts, but I have to know (since this isn't the first time I've seen it here on MR)...what are the ZANY CARTERS?

Kaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
no-one knows... and most of us are pretty sure we don't want to. it's a cocktail marc cooks up and the ingredients are top secret, but given the ineffable effects (including hallucinations and involuntary time-travel), we're pretty sure we're better off not knowing.
We do know that Zany Carter Patricia has chocolate in it though, cos Marc's told us that much.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:12 PM   #79
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
no-one knows... and most of us are pretty sure we don't want to. it's a cocktail marc cooks up and the ingredients are top secret, but given the ineffable effects (including hallucinations and involuntary time-travel), we're pretty sure we're better off not knowing.
I don't know. . .it might come in handy sometime. When dealing with a disgruntled spouse when you tell him you've gone slightly over the budget this month because you bought too many books for your reader!!

Kaz

Especially the one with chocolate! He LOVES chocolate!!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:12 PM   #80
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
We do know that Zany Carter Patricia has chocolate in it though, cos Marc's told us that much.
right ! we know that. also, they must always be served with a curly straw.
Advert
Old 05-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #81
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
I don't know. . .it might come in handy sometime. When dealing with a disgruntled spouse when you tell him you've gone slightly over the budget this month because you bought too many books for your reader!!

Kaz
well, good luck getting that information... i hear the montsnmags facilities are highly guarded (by squirrels). then again, if you tell marc just *why* you want to know, he might think it's a good enough reason to tell you. or alternately supply you with zc's in sufficient quantities to allow your book-buying, budget-overflowing activities unfettered.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:17 PM   #82
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
ha, so the serial will continue !! brilliant news !! glad i could help. (what exactly did i do, again ?)
You made the obvious link between this story and the one I've just started writing, obviously
Old 05-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #83
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
"Hello? Is that Monts-n-Mags Enterprises? Do you have anything to shield my apartment against PNS poiting? You do? Wonderful! No - I don't mind that it's only just come out of beta testing.
At Montsnmags Enterprises, everything is just out of beta-testing. What most people call "Retail", we call "Primary Testing Phase".

Quote:
'S true. 'Tis thus far the only official variation on the standard (though I was working on another recently...can't remember...it was called...Zany Carter...something-or-other...and it had...something in it. Anyone remember?)

Quote:
well, good luck getting that information... i hear the montsnmags facilities are highly guarded (by squirrels). then again, if you tell marc just *why* you want to know, he might think it's a good enough reason to tell you. or alternately supply you with zc's in sufficient quantities to allow your book-buying, budget-overflowing activities unfettered.
Well, you know, the recipe...it's so highly guarded I've sealed it off at the dark end of a passage down one particularly gloomy and bump-in-the-night, cobwebbed-and-screaming section of my brain, so that not even I can go there without a hatchet and an invisible gibbon to retrieve it. That's why I've made bulk quantities of the concentrate - to reduce the frequency of the retrieval process. As you say, my Queen, I'm of course happy to supply sufficient quantities to any MR member, absolutely gratis. There are no warning labels attached - I assume any imbiber is intelligent enough to observe the denizens of the Llounge to obtain sufficient warning.

Cheers,
Your friendly barman
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:53 AM   #84
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Great story AM! I really enjoyed it and I hope it gets made into an ebook.

But need to know more! How did all seal get into the flat? And how did the socks and scarf get in the drier? Are they dry yet and were they harmed by the static electricity? Do they decide to move in with zelda and the cats? Will we find out more about this scarf?

I'm looking forward to the next story.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:09 PM   #85
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Me too ... I want the next story! I only just now managed to find this one. Who knows what else has been going on in the Lounge that I haven't noticed?? Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear ......
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #86
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Me too ... I want the next story! I only just now managed to find this one. Who knows what else has been going on in the Lounge that I haven't noticed?? Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear ......
I feel the same, and I was trying to keep track. I started a post that lists the stories I know about. (see the link in my sig - MR Llounge) Please let me know if there are any that I've left out..
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote