Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
marconique
marconique began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
Future new Kobo Aura owner ...

Hi,

I'm waiting for the launch of the new Kobo Aura to get one of those E-reader and to start discovering the world of e-books ...

I've just discovered this group and I think it will be really useful for me to get some info and to share info too with other avid readers ...

I'm a french speaking reader who lives in the Quebec province in Canada and I mostly read french books but since a few years I've started to read more and more english books too ...

Until i get my E-reader I'll start looking around the info I can read up in here ...

Happy reading to you all
marconique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Welcome to MobileRead.

You can follow the Aura discussions currently happening on two forums:

1) NEWS
2) KOBO FORUM

If you have any questions about that unit, or just wish to read the ongoing conversation, then those are the two places to visit.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi marconique and welcome to MobileRead. I'm thinking of an Aura too. Be interested in how you like it.

Last edited by MickeyC; 04-19-2013 at 07:03 PM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #6
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
Welcome to MR you'll find a lot of help here, if unsure just ask there are plenty here with the combined experience and knowledge to help you out.

As for the Aura, a lot of us as eagerly haunting our email and our postal mail for our new pretties to arrive. So we'll all learn together.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #7
savbeowulf
Enthusiast
savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD Ivory
Hi I too am eagerly awaiting my new Ivory Aura HD never bought an ereader before (always used GT-P1000 and GT-N7100 and 3rd Gen Ipad to read books) and never before purchased anything kobo branded. However when I saw the Aura HD I couldn't resist have already had confirmation that my sleep case has been dispatched I'm really looking forward to the whole ereader experience. Love the forum and have found loads of information already. I have already pre installed Calibre and ADE to get chance to learn to use them.
savbeowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #8
Jen_Smith
Nameless Being

Calibre doesn't support the Aura HD yet, but is expected to by the next release (they usually do a new release every week or so). So if Calibre doesn't recognise your Aura, don't panic. Just wait for the next release, and update.

See here for details of what the Calibre people are doing: https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1169571 .
Old 04-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #9
eReaderPerks
Groupie
eReaderPerks began at the beginning.

Device: kindle kobo and nook
Welcome!

Lorie
eReaderPerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #10
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Welcome! I've been hanging out here for a few years. I'm excited about getting my first Kobo reader. I've been wanting a Glo ever since it came out, but have been waiting...I guess for the Aura, because I ordered that right away!
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote