Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2010, 01:02 AM   #31
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
great stuff
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:13 AM   #32
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
This is the one I purchased for Kobo. It is a great cover.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Kobo-Leather-...item4150589e07
I have this one too and it is perfect for my needs. I think I purchased it from a different seller though. You just flip the cover to the back to read, and the magnet holds it open. Looks like real leather to me.

Also the Kobo Wifi looks like the same size so can use the same case.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #33
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Onyx Boox
Like the Bebook NEO we also made a cover especially for the KOBO. It will cost 17,50eu with free shipping to countries within the EU, Canada, USA and Australia. Just use the discountcode: freecover

Available in different colors.

Please check the following link: http://www.electronicreading.eu/prot...ml?language=en
Klein Nijenhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:55 AM   #34
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
What's the little cutout under the top-left strap for?

That said, it's a real pity I already have a cover, because I do like the look of those, especially that there's a choice of different colours. Thank you for giving us Kobo users more options tailored specifically to our device.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #35
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

The cutout is to put your KOBO easily in and out the cover. First, left and right under, then top-right and finally through the cut out with your finger the top-left.
Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #36
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
They are quite nice actually.

Do you have any images with the cover attached to the Kobo at all?
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #37
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
I love the colours too! But it doesn't seem that this is a photo of a Kobo cover? The bottom right hand elastic looks like it would cover the USB connector, and the cutout doesn't have any purpose for Kobo. (EDIT: I see that maybe it does, though I don't quite understand it ...)

The top right elastic seems nicely placed for the power button. The top left elastic would cover the SD slot but I think that would not be critical as SD cards are not popped in and out all the time are they?

Last edited by dmacmart; 10-05-2010 at 10:03 AM. Reason: updated cutout description
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #38
mamasue
Zealot
mamasue began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
really like the colour choices.

but I wonder about the material used for the lining & the stitching there ~ especially on the left inside cover which could come in contact with the screen - might it be scratchy?
mamasue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #39
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Klein, can we see a picture of a real Kobo inside one of your covers?
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:08 AM   #40
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot

I sent a cover to Sabredog for a review. He will also post some pictures.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:50 AM   #41
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Here is my case. It cost me about $10 to make and about 45 mins of my time. I've also made one for my mother's kobo. I had to stick velcro tape on the back of my kobo but I made sure to use the soft side and it comes off easily without leaving any sticky stuff. Sorry for the soft photography I had to use my Blackberry camera.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00111.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	622.2 KB
ID:	59543   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00110.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	415.5 KB
ID:	59544   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00109.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	421.9 KB
ID:	59545   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00108.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	363.2 KB
ID:	59546   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00107.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	472.9 KB
ID:	59547  

Last edited by Duiker; 10-08-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #42
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duiker View Post
Here is my case. It cost me about $10 to make and about 45 mins of my time. I've also made one for my mother's kobo. I had to stick velcro tape on the back of my kobo but I made sure to use the softy side and it comes off easily without leaving any sticky stuff. Sorry for the soft photography I had to use my Blackberry camera.
I love it!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:56 AM   #43
hpjrt
Connoisseur
hpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watch

Device: kobo
I love it too ... but where did you get the "hard cover" without any pages glued to the spine?

Mary
hpjrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:38 AM   #44
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpjrt View Post
I love it too ... but where did you get the "hard cover" without any pages glued to the spine?

Mary
I found a harcover book that I liked and cut out the pages. It wasn't all that hard. Used a blade knife. Most (cheap) hardcover books are only held together with a minimum amount of glue so it was pretty easy to find the two connection points and slice them off. Then i glued down the first and last pages of the book that remained. Voila.

Maybe I should start taking orders for Toronto residents.
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #45
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duiker View Post
Maybe I should start taking orders for Toronto residents.
... very tempting. I'll be in Toronto this spring (probably). My parents live there, I visit them as often as I can.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote