Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 07:30 PM   #16
SageTracey
Enthusiast
SageTracey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I picked up a faux leather case on sale at a dress shop on the weekend. Originally intended as a jewellery case, but the zip pocket area was a perfect fit for my Kobo, plus my library card slotted nicely into another pocket. Unfortunately no brand name but I guess the message is to keep your eyes open for alternatives.
SageTracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #17
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
It's 'Anti-Slip Mat'. It looks woven, but feels like rubber. I first saw it on an ocean ferry, in little squares under the salt and pepper shakers, to make them stay put as the boat rolled. I picked up a roll at Walmart, or maybe Canadian Tire. Keeps things steady on my car's dashboard...
I use a strip of it to keep my Energizer light on my Kobo
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 12:12 PM   #18
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Great idea! It looks lovely.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:43 AM   #19
pleochroic
pleochroic began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, OLPC XO
oooh, that looks great, Mary (and Clint). i just crocheted a thick cozy for mine, which protects it sufficiently for when the cats toss it off my bed or the desk, and keeps it from getting scratched in my backpack. your solutions are a lot more protective for being out and about.

kobo on the bottom, android phone on top.
pleochroic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:18 AM   #20
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleochroic View Post
oooh, that looks great, Mary (and Clint). i just crocheted a thick cozy for mine, which protects it sufficiently for when the cats toss it off my bed or the desk, and keeps it from getting scratched in my backpack. your solutions are a lot more protective for being out and about.

kobo on the bottom, android phone on top.
Your cozy looks great! I haven't seen anyone knit a cover for their reader yet, great idea.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 01:39 PM   #21
46jimbo
Zealot
46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Touch + Kobo Aura
I just purchased a simple, practical case on Ebay. Looks like it will do the job!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-Black-eBook-e...item2eafd53bfb
46jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:43 PM   #22
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46jimbo View Post
I just purchased a simple, practical case on Ebay. Looks like it will do the job!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-Black-eBook-e...item2eafd53bfb
Can you let us know what you think of it when it arrives? The price is certainly right but I'd like to hear from someone using it before I buy...
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #23
mamasue
Zealot
mamasue began at the beginning.

I also crocheted a couple of covers for my K.

here's the link to the pattern http://ravel.me/mamasue/akec

mamasue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #24
terraskye
Groupie
terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Mine:Kindle 3(wifi)Sony PRS-300(died)His: Sony Prs-300
I dont have a kobo(kobo2 on pre-order though) anymore but yesterday at chapters I picked up an inexpensive neoprene case for my Sony reader. It was 15$ and came in blue,black, purple, and pink.

i almost picked up the Roots when but it was too pricey for me to justify lol

Last edited by terraskye; 10-04-2010 at 08:15 PM.
terraskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:44 PM   #25
46jimbo
Zealot
46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Touch + Kobo Aura
Quote:
Can you let us know what you think of it when it arrives? The price is certainly right but I'd like to hear from someone using it before I buy...
It arrived today... and it is just what I wanted.

I also have a Sony 300 which came with a sleeve-type cover which works very well. The main purpose is to protect the screen from scratches when it's in my bag.

So this one for the Kobo is also being sold as suitable for the Kindle - or any 6" reader. The fit is fine and it zips up so it can't fall out. Recommended!
46jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:36 PM   #26
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
This is the one I purchased for Kobo. It is a great cover.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Kobo-Leather-...item4150589e07
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:06 PM   #27
mamasue
Zealot

that one looks pretty good .. would you say it really is 'real leather'?
Old 10-04-2010, 11:20 PM   #28
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasue View Post
that one looks pretty good .. would you say it really is 'real leather'?
Hard to tell, probably not.
I got 3 of those cases though and they work fine... although they will attract a lot of animal hair if you have various animals.
I tend to use the case just for travel now and take the kobo out of it to read. I wish there was something like the cover and light combo that the kindle has for Kobo; that thing looks great.
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:22 PM   #29
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
It is leather.

How do I know? It has been wrapped around my Kobo for a couple of months
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:32 AM   #30
mamasue
Zealot

being the eternal optimist, I bought one - you know - for when my Kobo is all flashed & running again! LOL