Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #1
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Thumbs up File organizing tip

With several threads lately showing that there may be issues going more than 1 folder deep on Jetbook it occurred to me that something I had been doing for some time to organize might be helpful to some of our newer users.

For some time now I have added a ! to a folder of the authors name for my favorite authors. Thus putting that folder at the top of the list.

Can be as simple as !Modesitt,LE, !Tolkien, JRR, etc.

It also is an easy way to organise your authors by genre if you wish to do so. Remembering that the Jetbook menu will list 8 folders at a time. It would be pretty easy to use different symbols for different genre's.

A minor tip perhaps, yet a simple way to enable sorting of your authors.
And a time saver if Roger Zelzany is your favorite author and you don't want to page down through 38 folders to get to him. Not really important if you only have a few hundred books on your card. But once you start getting up into the thousands its an elegant little time saver.

Nothing earth shattering or ground breaking, just a minor helpful hint.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:35 AM   #2
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
I like the tip even though I don't have a jetbook! I do use folders on the PB360 so the same applies to other devices too.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #3
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post

For some time now I have added a ! to a folder of the authors name for my favorite authors. Thus putting that folder at the top of the list.

And a time saver if Roger Zelzany is your favorite author and you don't want to page down through 38 folders to get to him. Not really important if you only have a few hundred books on your card. But once you start getting up into the thousands its an elegant little time saver.
Thanks!

But here is a tip tip.

You don't have to "page down through 38 folders" since if the page says 1/38 you can hit menu/ go to / 38 (or any other guess).

I worked this out on the JBL which comes with the CIA World FactBook preloaded. It's the fastest way of getting to Zambia !
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote