Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #106
dave5067
dave5067 began at the beginning.

Device: ectaco jetbook
Aah got it, not sure why but i managed to upgrade to v0.33g from v0.26n with no problem.
not tried the later firmwares just yet but not sure i'll need to as i just want epub and mobi support.
Are there other advantages to using the latest firmware? it seems font wise i'm stuck with only the original two serif fonts from the info on here but i can live with that.
dave5067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #107
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
http://www.jetbook.net/update/jetbook

The instructions describe how to go from "g" to "m"

The current firmware is using an up to date version of the Adobe Reader Mobile software
to read .epub and .pdf, that includes support for B&N DRM and PDF reflow. With this any
fonts embedded in the .epub will be used in preference to the system fonts.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #108
dave5067
dave5067 began at the beginning.

Device: ectaco jetbook
Cheers Ken, so it looks like there is an advantage to doing the full update, excellent.
I will try the full update when i have time,thankyou for the advice, forums like this are great when it comes to finding help with old but still very useable tech.
I hate shelling out for the latest tech and managed to get this reader on Ebay for £20!
dave5067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #109
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Looks like they have put another update online

http://jetbook.net/update/jetbookcolor
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #110
freewheeling
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Looks like they have put another update online

http://jetbook.net/update/jetbookcolor
I can't figure out what version of the software I have in a new Jetbook Color. One would assume that it's the most recent since I just got it via USPS today, but under Firmware Version in Device Info it says
Platform Version: 53.37.509
r1818 Spanish

That doesn't conform to any of the update versions listed which go up to 49. How do I figure out which version I actually have?

[Update: Oh never mind. I read down a bit further and 53 is the latest version so I'm good to go. Can't wait to get going!]

Last edited by freewheeling; 11-07-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Advert
Old 08-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #111
AHMavrick
Enthusiast
AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
I just updated the firmware on the wifes older JB lite using the instructions I found here. It worked just fine. I was frustrated as all get out tryng to do it using the instructions on the ectaco website. That way simply does not work. Thanks much to the folks who did the research and posted it!
AHMavrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:57 AM   #112
CodeGrunt
CodeGrunt began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek LIBRE eReader Pro(AEBK01WF)
Need Aluratek firmware

Would anyone happen to have a link where I can download firmware for the Aluratek(AEBK01WF)? 20G preferably, I'm still on v15.
I read the sticky. But the aluratek website seems to have been cleansed of all mention of eReaders and downloads for them. I left a message for support but I'm still waiting for their reply.
I'm hoping the new firmware will fix my issue of the screen resetting back to the menu when trying to open most books.(.txt and .pdf seems to work).
CodeGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 12:25 PM   #113
Grammar Matters
Grammar Matters began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek LIBRE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeGrunt View Post
Would anyone happen to have a link where I can download firmware for the Aluratek(AEBK01WF)? 20G preferably, I'm still on v15.
I read the sticky. But the aluratek website seems to have been cleansed of all mention of eReaders and downloads for them. I left a message for support but I'm still waiting for their reply.
I'm hoping the new firmware will fix my issue of the screen resetting back to the menu when trying to open most books.(.txt and .pdf seems to work).
I as well am seeking FW update for the AEBK01WF. Aluratek website has not mention of any, and the response from their support department stated that the LIBRE was "discontinued well over 5 years ago" and they will not help.
Grammar Matters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 09:02 PM   #114
Odio
Professional Lurker
Odio began at the beginning.

Device: Libre eBook Reader PRO
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammar Matters View Post
I as well am seeking FW update for the AEBK01WF. Aluratek website has not mention of any, and the response from their support department stated that the LIBRE was "discontinued well over 5 years ago" and they will not help.
Seconding this, these devices have been almost entirely scrubbed from the internet, with only this forum, and reviews from the time remaining
Odio is offline   Reply With Quote